cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24$ for 4GB data at 4G speed - Monthly rewards vs points program - forced switch?

AnnieIsme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received this offer a few days ago. It ends tommorow on Jan 14th.

I have been with public for 6 yrs and have been on their monthly rewards program and have 8$ off each month towards my current $15 a month basic plan. I am considering doing this offer for the better speed and more data (which i dont need per say but is nice to have) but will I be able to keep staying on the monthly rewards program or would there be a forced switch to the new points program? Their new points program is no where near as good and I dont think it worth it for me right not to switch. Anyone have knowledge or feedback about their experience?

8 REPLIES 8

Saif_Ben10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you

AnnieIsme

It was a “special” text message offer from public to me directly. From what I understand I received this offer because I was on the cheapest plan $15 a month for over 6 yrs. I assume public sends out offers depending on the individual’s current plan, to try and encourage upgrading (and extra revenue for telus). I doubt they would ever send anyone an offer for a cheaper plan, so if you currently pay more than $24 a month, I can understand why public wouldn’t give you an incentive to switch to that cheaper plan. I’d recommend switching to the cheapest plan they currently offer, ride it out and see how they try to incentivize you to upgrade. Over the 6yrs with them I received a number of upgrade offers, but only recently am I finding the extra data of use. Otherwise I would have stayed with my existing plan.

addonsnotworkin

How did you get that plan? When I tried it said new activations only 

Zelda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same plan for many years and last November I switched to 3 months subscription with 4G speed and 60GB data, and  calls in Canada. My payment reduced to $84 for three months using points received from a public mobile app. I consider this a great deal from public mobile and I recommend looking into it. 

AnnieIsme

Love (and helpful) seeing hard proof! Thank you 🙂

AnnieIsme

Fabulous - Thank you for your quick reply and clarity of answer 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AnnieIsme  No worries you will keep your rewards their tied to your account not your plan I can confirm this ( not to chest thump ) as those with little sticks tend to presume but just plain proof 

Handy1_0-1705174807822.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AnnieIsme 

no force migration to Public points.  You will stay on the old rewards system even you change to new plan

this is a good deal, go with it if that gives you enough data

Add: again, it won't force you to change to Public points as confirmed by Community manager:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FAQ-amp-Troubleshooting/td-p/986594

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Need Help? Let's chat.