cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus going under?

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No wonder pubicM is cutting corners and takaing away money rewards replacing with 'points'.

Telus stock haas dropped ~20% since a year ago. It is free fall for Telus and lets see how long it will exist. Pick any period you like (1month, 3,6, year, etc.) it is dropping and dropping.

For my lousy 10 shares I am at loss of $100+.

Ha, ha. Bell is even worse. ~25% down a year period. NO telco for me anymore; ever.

3 REPLIES 3

@Boki wrote:

No wonder pubicM is cutting corners and takaing away money rewards replacing with 'points'.

Telus stock haas dropped ~20% since a year ago. It is free fall for Telus and lets see how long it will exist. Pick any period you like (1month, 3,6, year, etc.) it is dropping and dropping.

For my lousy 10 shares I am at loss of $100+.

Ha, ha. Bell is even worse. ~25% down a year period. NO telco for me anymore; ever.

The drop in stock price isn't something that is only affecting Telus.  You've already seen what has happend to the price of BCE stock, and RCI stock has as also been dropping in value of late.    All have been downgraded in target price by some analalysts, even Quebecor.   While technically part of the communication services sector of the stock market, telcom acts very similar to utilities.  Interest rates can affect wireless provider stocks greatly.  With any stock, the goal should usually be for a longer 10, 20, 30 year (or longer horizon).  Investors should remember that nothing has actually been lost unless the stock is sold at a loss.   Telus and BCE stock aren't really for the growth but really for the dividend.  The dividends of both have continued going up, so i see little reason to be overly concerned with the current stock price.  Now is actually the time to buy as long as you believe that the stocks will rebound.  As for the longest timeframe that you mentioned of 6 years, all 3 of T.to, BCE, and RCI.B have still gave positive returns in approximately the last 6 years (from January 2017 to today), with Telus actually outperforming both BCE and RCI.B in that same timeframe with a CAGR of 5.09%.  That's likely better than anyone would have received in any savings account or GIC during that same duration of time.  It's easy to look at the last year or two for poor stock performance for wireless carrier stocks. Those skew the results.  Many stocks have a had a rough last few years.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Boki 

according to the G&M, poor old Darren Entwistle total compensation for last year was only $17,480,000 ...making him only the 2nd highest paid telecom CEO 😢 after Tony Staffieri, the CEO of Rogers raked in $31.520,000 in his pay packet last year. Maybe we should pass the hat for ol' Darren !  🤣

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Boki  Hahahahhahah I’m not surprised that what greed does to ya 🙂 since they shot themselves in the foot once hope they shoot their  other foot next 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.