cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public's Current list of Plans needs serious revampment

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The current Plans List, I think Public should really consider revising the plans to be better suited

The $34 Can-US, or the Can-Wide 50GB 5G, that should be on the list

If they just gotten rid of the 3G and 4G Plans, focusing on the 5G Plans, that would be better suited

So, Here's what I think would be a better suited idea:

$15 5G Plan, with perhaps 750 Can-Wide Mins and 750 MB 5G data

$24 5G Plan, with Can-Wide, Global Txt and 8GB Data

$30 5G Plan, with Can-Wide, Global Txt and 16GB Data

make the ($34) $35 instead, 5G Plan, Can-Wide, Global Txt and 24GB Data

$40 Can-Wide 5G Plan, with 100GB Data

Instead of the $39/$40 Can-US, which is not an effective set of Can-US options, the $45 Can-US 5G Plan, with 100GB Data 

$50 Can-US 5G Plan, with 125GB Data

90 Day Options should be confined to the Higher-Priced plans, so $40 and above, so that the 90 Day makes better sense, Or, Public making a Longer-Term Cycle plan, like 150 Day for the Lower Priced Plans

What's your take?

5 REPLIES 5

If the Plans were structured:

$15 = 750 Mins Canada Wide + Unlim Global Txt + 750 MB 5G Data

$20 = 1500 Mins Can-Wide + Global Txt and 1.5 GB 5G Data

$25 = Unlim Can-Wide + Global Txt and 10 GB 5G Data

$30 = Same as $25, But with 20 GB 5G Data

$35 = Same as $30, But 35 GB 5G Data

$40 = Same as $35, But with 60 GB 5G Data

Have an 150 day cycle for these, more financially sound with a 150 day Cycle

The $45 would be where Can-US plans start, and have 75 GB 5G Data

$50 = identical to the $45, but with 100 GB 5G Data

90 Day Cycle makes sense here

Plans do need a sense and 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@makkahn28 - Yes what is annoying with some providers is that they offer a $39 plan with 60GB but ooh there is an offer for $40 with 75GB. I get where you are going with the $1 increases so then they can snatch out more money.

PM also wants to snatch money by having the actual good plans (Like the $24 4GB & $29 20GB) for new activations.

But yes with 8GB for $24 will bring total competition to the Canadian Telco market. And the $15 with 750mb of data with 750minutes outgoing calls will totally make the CRTC happy. That will be the dealbreaker on the $15 plan that will also tense competition for PM to be in a world of no other!

Then with making it 5G plan only will basically force every single MVNO (Specifically Lucky, Fido, chatr, and those Gas Station phone providers like Petro-Canada Mobile and 7-11 mobile) to have 5G plans in their market.

Maybe a few of the plans being a $1 difference, or a few Dollars difference, but they didn't quite made honest sense perfectly, needs substantial sprucing to be impeccable 

@fixin , issue being that as current plans in place were almost identical, price either $1 difference, PM was definitely not thinking on best price plan with features

Plus, $34 or $35, savings would not be real substantial, but negligible

I do agree, $35 Data could be higher allocation, perhaps at least 35GB very least 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@makkahn28 - $35 with 24GB to 100GB for $45 is steep but everything else is really good.

The $34 is the hot cake to most people, it is (And should stay) usually with 50GB or 40GB of data but Virgin still thinks they are better than and are offering me a WinBack offer for $35 with 30GB LTE. No Way!

But everything else seems awesome!

Need Help? Let's chat.