cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty and Repairs

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

If the device was purchased from Public Mobile (before August 2014)

Based on the phone you purchased, date and point of purchase, phones purchased from Public Mobile are covered by manufacturers’ warranty guidelines. Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and one of our agents will walk you through the steps to mail in your phone. You will be sent a pre-paid return envelope for you to mail in your phone, along with proof of purchase, for inspection. If it’s defective, you will receive a “Like for Like” replacement by mail.

Please note: any sign of abuse automatically voids the manufacturer’s warranty.

If you purchased your device through Orchard, you could be covered by one of the two warranty options:

• The 30-day warranty that comes with every Orchard device
  • Or a 1-year warranty if you purchased Orchard Care

If you have any warranty-related questions and you are still under warranty, send us a message by following these steps:

• Go to publicmobile.ca/contact-us
  • Scroll down and click “Email Away”
  • Select “Technical Issues” and then click “Next”
  • Select “Calling and Text Messaging” and then click “Next”
  • Select “Voice calls not working” and then click “Next”
  • Select “The problem affects all my calls” and then click “Next”
  • Select “My phone is not receiving signal” and then click “Next”
  • And finally click on “Email Us”
  • Fill out your information and include your original Order Reference Number in the question field (e.g. PWA12345678)

Last updated on 3/09/2015

1 REPLY 1

blaze697
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Lachlan_M wrote:

Based on the phone you purchased, date and point of purchase, phones purchased from Public Mobile are covered by manufacturers’ warranty guidelines. Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and one of our agents will walk you through the steps to mail in your phone. You will be sent a pre-paid return envelope for you to mail in your phone, along with proof of purchase, for inspection. If it’s defective, you will receive a “Like for Like” replacement by mail.

Please note, any sign of abuse automatically voids the manufacturer’s warranty.

Hi there,

I'm having somewhat the same kind of problem. I had purchased the "ELEVATION" Android cell from Public Mobile Approx. 1 week before the announcement was made of the Merger of Public Mobile into Telus. Ever since the Flip over to the GSM Network I've actually got good use out of it for leisure activities ie.an ereader and games since it has such a large screen.

Here's my problem, it won't turn on anymore. Completely DEAD. Can't even reboot into safe mode.As they say, its a break. I love my little ELEVATION Brick though and want it back up and running. I'm quite sure it's still covered under warranty so I will be calling PM and following the procedure above.

Were you successful in recieving a replacement "Like for Like" cell phone and which cell was it that you had?

Cheers,

Corrie Wright

Need Help? Let's chat.