voice

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

will this even post a message ???

9 REPLIES 9

barndoor

@dust2dust wrote:

So when you find some time then go in to the voicemail system and tap 3 then 4 then 2. Record a greeting. After that maybe having to go back to that same menu spot tap 4 to turn it on. After that maybe having to go back to that same menu spot tap 5 to disallow anybody leaving a message.

The phone will ring. You'll see the missed call if you ignore it or miss it. Then that caller won't be able to leave a message and you won't get any voicemail notification.

I suspect the problem you've recently found is that conditional call forwarding has become broken likely in relation to volte. Apparently support can fix this.

Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler , faster and cheaper  for all those involved  if a trained CSR took 30 seconds and just  turned it off  ..

barndoor

Ok thanks  ...I will see what I can make work  ... aren't they supposed to improve things as time passes ?🙄

@barndoor so, you used trick to "disable" not allow people to leave VM??  Conditional forwarding was broken since the enabling of VoLTE.  I don't think it is fixed yet.  You might have to use the Extended leave message to "disable" VM

So when you find some time then go in to the voicemail system and tap 3 then 4 then 2. Record a greeting. After that maybe having to go back to that same menu spot tap 4 to turn it on. After that maybe having to go back to that same menu spot tap 5 to disallow anybody leaving a message.

The phone will ring. You'll see the missed call if you ignore it or miss it. Then that caller won't be able to leave a message and you won't get any voicemail notification.

I suspect the problem you've recently found is that conditional call forwarding has become broken likely in relation to volte. Apparently support can fix this.

barndoor

Yes Softech  I know you are a customer like me  but I thought I had already posted my question ..twenty minutes ago  ...but I apparently I didn't and I don't have time to be playing around trying to sort out phone issues right now. thanks for any help . 

new My Community since around a year ago.  You will need to pick a label to post

barndoor

For two years now I have been happy as a clam with no voicemail  ... now today I gt a beep and it says I have voicemail again . Do I have to  redirect it every so often .   I tried one number to make it go away but it didn't work .

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@barndoor yes, you posted.  We are customers like you but would like to help 

What is your voicemail question???

barndoor

I've been away to long I guess  ... why is it such a challenge to post here ? 

Need Help? Let's chat.