cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"call limit reached" message

asnow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sometimes when I make a phone call I get a "call limit reached" message.

13 REPLIES 13

I've never seen a phone show that exact message, but to me, it sounds to be this phone model's alternate wording for "network busy".  Network busy isn't something you can fix yourself and you're at the mercy of your carrier who needs to add capacity.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I believe they got the message immediately when calling, never got through.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@asnow How long were you on this call for before getting this message?

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I have gotten this message on Telus (before moving to Public Mobile). It is very common for me to get this message on Telus and before that I used to get it on Fido. 5pm on Weekday near don mills and eglinton in GTA. Cell towers are overloaded and there is no capacity to handle additional call. After retrying the number couple of times the call does gets connected. It is network issue. The cell tower in the area has reached capacity.

mimmo

If it is just a single number that is giving you the issue then i think its is the other line not yours 🙂

asnow

I was calling the number for VMedia (company I have my TV and Internet with). My guess is that too many other people were trying to call them at the same time. I'm trying to think back a month....If I got through I was getting a message that all their agents are busy. and to call back later. I'd call back and maybe get the message "call limit reached". I'd keep trying and sometimes I'd get one message and the other times I'd get the other message. At the time I was thinking that the "call limit reached" message was a Public Mobile Message. It now makes more sense that it was probably coming from the VMedia phone system.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Are you dialing into one of those conference bridges?

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have a Long Distance add on that is almost used up?

mimmo

I'm reaching, but could it be like "all circuits are busy" type message?

Is it to a spefic area code or excahge.  when you redial do you get the same message again?

also what are your outgoing incoming call minutes at.  I know its unlimited...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Strange...  It is hard to reach the limit on an unlimited service.  It maybe worthwhile consulting a moderator to see what they have to say. 

asnow

This happened about a month ago and hasn't happened since. I was calling from Mississauga to a company in Vancouver. I only got this message on maybe 50% of the attempts. Seeing as this seems to be an unknown message, I'm now thinking that the message wasn't coming from Public Mobile, but rather the called party end.

Rockdaddy22
I've never heard of this either

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Never heard of this message and not aware ... after this message ..are you still able to make call?.

Need Help? Let's chat.