cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Patience pay off, or is it better to be the squeaky wheel?

bwasyliuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like many others, I experienced an activation/port error while trying to transfer a number from Virgin Mobile on Nov 20. I sent a message to someone who I thought (incorrectly) was a Mod, but they (thankfully) as a senior contributor, informed me of this and ended up forwarding to a Mod.

After not hearing anything for several days, I sent a message containing the details again to a Mod and asked for confirmation that they recieved my message.

I still haven't gotten any communication.

I'm curious if this is being processed FIFO, or just whomever is complaining loudest gets the help.  I dont have twitter/facebook so don't feel compelled to create accounts there just to bug the Mods.  If this community and its messaging are the preferred method, then it should work.

I get that there is a backlog, and that it will take time to sort out everyone's issues.  Heres an idea, post a sticky at the top of the community boards that will indicate a daily progress.  IE currently working on all activation issues for Nov 18, now on Nov 19, etc... or Currently working on approx Account # 1000095000 (this assumes new activations are assigned account #'s in sequential order).

Failing this, which would probably silence some of the ongoing chatter/complaints about issues because it shows progress, at least taking the 30 seconds to reply to PMs to say, "Hey, sorry about the delay, but we have your issue in our log and will get to it as soon as we can".

Finally, one last issue I noticed.  The credit card authorization process during activiation would only allow 2 activations per card before refusing to process and forcing the use of another credit card for any further line(s).  I activated 5 lines total, first two on one card, switched to another card for #3 and 4, and had to borrow wife's CC for #5. And Yes, there was lots of room on the card, and even called the CC company to verify it wasnt being blocked for fraud protection or something.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

nyall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It will not pay off. Because even if you get a cheaper plan it will always be backed by horrible customer service and support. Even if they fix every single problem they still let this happened and have done nothing to make it up to so many of their customers that were inconvenient in many different ways.

They have charged my card and held $480 of mine since October 27th and they refuse to refund my money despite my repeated asking and them acknowledging that they had atleast $120 of, and later back tracking and saying it was an error and 90 days of service were given to me out of kindness and my credit card appearing on the account and in the transaction report was done by me. I then asked for a report of the IP logs for my records in the chargeback, they ofcourse ignored me and then proceeded to insult me and threaten me.

This is a terrible company. They only want your money and don't care if you stay beyond the 90 days because they'll replace you with another promotion after this one ends.

bwasyliuk

At least you are getting some communication. thats a start at least.

selvia_foeng

To be honest, I am not sure if it will pay off or not

I have been waiting since 11th of november..

Keep getting message from mod just saying need more than 72 hours,

then need more than 48 hours..

I am frustrated and dont know what to do..

could you please @Shazia_K really solve the problem?

next friday means I have been waiting for 3 weeks..

it is not about patience anymore..

Patience will pay off, the long run cost savings im sure will be worth it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I hope @Shazia_K around to help you out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.