cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

ksmith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just moved to Public from Fido.  When I pressed and held 1 on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) to access VM it asked for a VM #.  I entered my phone #.  Now when I press and hold 1 it takes me to my voicemail message not my voicemail box. How do I correct this?

11 REPLIES 11

My q6 picked up my vu and call forwarding rules from the networks.  Didn’t have to setup my Fongo number separately!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This must be good old shamsung software at work, locking to a previous carrier and refusing to let go.  The various phones I use would all pick up the voice mail number from the network so that long pressing 1 dials voicemail.  So inconvenient.  

@will13am wrote:

I am seeing double and hearing echoes.  

@will13am

I'm seeing double now too.  There's also a duplicate thread. LOL

ksmith

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ksmith wrote:

I am located in Barrie.  

My phone is also not receiving calls, going straight to voicemail.  I have the Canada-wide plan so I am not sure what the issue is.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ksmith wrote:

I just moved to Public from Fido.  When I pressed and held 1 on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) to access VM it asked for a VM #.  I entered my phone #.  Now when I press and hold 1 it takes me to my voicemail message not my voicemail box. How do I correct this?

Which city is your phone number from?  Public Mobile has a few different voicemail retrieval numbers.  The number that you were supposed to enter was not your phone number.  Once we know where you're located, someone here should be able t find the appropriate number for you account.  I don't know them all off the top of my head, but the instructions that @RobertQc are the steps that you take to make the change.  For my Toronto-area phone number, the voicemail retrieval number is set to  +16475804001.

Thank you 

@RobertQcThe issue is that you were not supposed to type in your phone number after you held the 1 key down.  The correct number for a Barrie phone number is +16475804001.  Please use the steps that @RobertQc has provided.   After to changing to the vociemail retrieval number mentioned, you should not longer hear that error message.

@ksmith wrote:

I am located in Barrie.  

My phone is also not receiving calls, going straight to voicemail.  I have the Canada-wide plan so I am not sure what the issue is.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ksmith wrote:

Which city is your phone number from?  Public Mobile has a few different voicemail retrieval numbers.  The number that you were supposed to enter was not your phone number.  Once we know where you're located, someone here should be able t find the appropriate number for you account.  I don't know them all off the top of my head, but the instructions that @RobertQc are the steps that you take to make the change.  For my Toronto-area phone number, the voicemail retrieval number is set to  +16475804001.

@RobertQcThe issue is that you were not supposed to type in your phone number after you held the 1 key down.  The correct number for a Barrie phone number is +16475804001.  Please use the steps that @RobertQc has provided.   After to changing to the vociemail retrieval number mentioned, you should not longer hear that error message.

@computergeek541

Added it from one of the oracles, didn''t find any other ones

@imm1304 wrote:

please enter this number in your Call Settings >> Voicemail >>Setup:  +16475804001

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/No-Voicemail-Number/td-p/74436

ksmith

I am located in Barrie.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ksmith wrote:

@will13am wrote:

LOL, I could swear that the bottom portions of @RobertQc message wasn't there before.  Was there an edit or did I just not see the number typed in?  Anyway, that number might not be the correct number for @ksmith, depending on where this customer is located.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ksmith wrote:

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ksmith Welcome to public mobile Robot Happy

Press Phone.

Press the menu icon.

Press Voicemail settings.

Press Voicemail number.

Please enter this number in your Call Settings >> Voicemail >>Setup:  +16475804001

You can also when you get to your own voicemail press the * key, then enter your password to access your menu, which is how you would normally access your voicemail by calling from an outside / landline

Need Help? Let's chat.