cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Problem

NielCapp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just recently sign up for public mobile everything is working fine beside my voicemail. I have set up my pin an greetings, if anyone calls me it goes to voicemail an doesn't prompt them to leave a voicemail it drops the line then starts to call my phone again. after that the phone cuts out completely and you have to call me back until i the get me on the line.

8 REPLIES 8

@NielCapp 

Aha.... @Nezgar  the voicemail whisperer strikes gold again! Bow to the mastery......

@NielCapp wrote:

Problem Fixed thank you

You're welcome, and welcome to Public Mobile!

NielCapp

Problem Fixed thank you

@NielCapp wrote:
So basically my situation is nobody can leave voicemails without me declining the call

So it sounds like your "declined" conditional forward is configured correctly, but the "unanswered" conditional call forward is not.

Again, please reset all 3 conditional call forward settings by dialing: ##004# and test again.

@NielCapp  Access selfserve reset your VM and start over.

NielCapp

maybe my explanation was not to clear i'm currently using iPhone 8,

i can receive calls, but lets say i'm busy i can't pick up to phone right away, it goes to voicemail but doesn't allow the person to leave a voicemail it drops the call then starts to call my phone again then the line drops. so basically my situation is nobody can leave voicemails without me declining the call and if i don't they will have to call me repeated to get my attention. @will13am  

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@NielCapp

Just in case your conditional call forwards are not setup properly, dial this number to reset them back to the public mobile voicemail number:

##004#

Then, please dial each of these to see the number returned:

*#61#

*#62#

*#67#

The number returned is usually a number with an area code in your province ending in 4001. Here is a list of all currently known local access numbers across Canada to compare with:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Then, please test calling yourself from another phone and see the behavior. It could also be possible you have an app or setting on your phone that is blocking or declining anonymous calls, or calls from numbers not in your address book.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@NielCapp , what you describe is really, really weird.  Calls go to voicemail only if you are not connected to the network or you have settings to go to voicemail on your phone app.  What phone are you using.  Please check the voice mail settings on the phone app.  

Need Help? Let's chat.