cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited US Calling and Travelling to US

sirjafar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wanted to know if unlimited US calling applied as well when travelling to the US, or is that only restricted to when I am in Canada? Or would I have to go with a roaming plan?

11 REPLIES 11

@sirjafar wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@sirjafar wrote:

Wanted to know if unlimited US calling applied as well when travelling to the US, or is that only restricted to when I am in Canada? Or would I have to go with a roaming plan?

A very important thing to remember about purchasing addons is that it is a two step process.  First you will pick your addon and will get charged for it but the funds actually go to Available Funds and then you will have to repeat the process for the money to come out of Available Funds to pay for and activate the addon

How would do I the second part?

All you have to do is go back in to select an addon pick the one you one (and already paid for) and "re-purchase" it the money won't come off of your credit card it will take the funds from the Available funds

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I find it easier to purchase the add-on via 611. As long as you know your pin and have a credit card on file.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

sirjafar

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@sirjafar wrote:

A very important thing to remember about purchasing addons is that it is a two step process.  First you will pick your addon and will get charged for it but the funds actually go to Available Funds and then you will have to repeat the process for the money to come out of Available Funds to pay for and activate the addon

How would do I the second part?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sirjafar wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mimmo wrote:

@sirjafar depending on how often you call the usa fronte Canada the long distance add-on might be better value. 200 minutes for $8.

FYI, aso available and a little cheaper, 400 minutes for $15.

mimmo

The add-on starts as soon as you buy it. It's valid for 10 days. So when you buy it depends on how long you will be in the usa. Typically I buy it the day I leave.

sirjafar

How early do I have to apply for the roaming plan? I am going to the US this upcoming Saturday.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The Long Distance add-ons (rollover minutes) and the Unlimited US calling option on selected plans (vs CdaWide) only applies while you are in Cda. 

The US Roaming add-on is the 10 day option and this works while you are physically in the USA.

mimmo

@sirjafar depending on how often you call the usa fronte Canada the long distance add-on might be better value. 200 minutes for $8.

As mentioned above once you cross the border you need a usa, 10 day addon.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sirjafar, if you are referring to the calling feature unlimited Canada and US calling, that's only applicable while in Canada.  There's a US add-on that covers usage while roaming in the US.  

Need Help? Let's chat.