cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use mobile data

skewpar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My mobile data was working the last couple of months, just started to not work today. Is there service interruptions going on?

59 REPLIES 59

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jaspreetkaurt,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I'm sorry to hear that your data services aren't working. I understand how frustrating it can be to disconnect from the web - in such a connected world - but I will do whatever I can to help!

Can you please provide me with your phone number by private message? I will then send you a validation link - and proceed with your request.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

skewpar

Did you try rebooting your phone and taking the SIM card out and putting it back in? I had to do this a couple of times before it started consistently start working again.

jaspreetkaurt
I am trying to connect data but I am not able to. It was working before but now it's not even connecting. Please help

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

haha @srlawren good catch! 😄

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shazia_K it was easy as soon as I found out it started at a plan change.  🙂  Glad you were able to help so quickly.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

yay!! thanks for the awesome troubleshooting superstars @srlawren @imm1304 Heart

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Sydney

@Shazia_K Yay my data is back! Thanks so much! Woman Happy

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Sydney

Can you reboot your phone now? try testing. 

Thanks,

Sydney

@srlawren Looks like Shazia is taking a look. Thanks for your help! Much appreciated 🙂

Sydney

@Shazia_K I just installed a profile from the website - should I remove it?

Sydney

@imm1304 I installed a profile for public mobile but that didn't fix the issue unfortunately. The mod said that it looked fine from their end but I'll hopefully get someone to take a look again. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Sydney

Please do not make any changes! I am trying something here. 

srlawren

@Sydney @imm1304 since it started on the plan change, it sounds like a back-end (account) issue to me.  Sydney, try private messaging one of the moderators to have a look on their end.  I don't think the issue is your phone, based on the timing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

@Sydney,

Have you tried manually entering the APN settings?  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

If manual entery is not possible, you can use a 3rd party website that many older iPhone users find useful. 

Go to http://unlockit.co.nz from safari in your iphone and follow the prompts to select carrier settings for public mobile and install them on your phone.  

Sydney

@srlawren It stopped working as soon as someone changed my plan to the promo plan (future-dating failed so they fixed it manually). Everything had been working fine for the past couple of months.

I don't have any profiles installed at the moment so that didn't work for me. I definitely appreciate you guys' help tho! Smiley Happy

Sydney

@imm1304 Thanks for the suggestion! I actually don't have any profiles installed on my phone at the moment. I've tried rebooting, removing sim card, and resetting network settings but nothing has worked so far.

srlawren

@Sydney iPhones are different.  Has the data worked at all since you ported to PM and has stopped, or has it never worked since you moved to PM?

EDIT:  @imm1304 beat me to it, and has what is likely the solution.  Please let us know if that works for you.

imm1304

Hi @Sydney!

For your iPhone, go to Settings > Profiles and delete all profiles you see.

Then check for update.. there should be a carrier update from Public Mobile.  

Update and reboot.  

Sydney

@srlawren Hello do you happen to know if I need to do the same for my iphone6? I'm having the exact same issue as @gc99. Been going without data for 3 days now 😞

imm1304

@gc99, I am fairly sure that the factory reset will fix this.. several G4's also had this issue.  

Just check the APN settings after the factory reset and enter them manually if you don't see PM's APN settings automatically.  

After that, don't be alarmed if there is no LTE immediately.. but there should be 3g/H+.  Let the phone sit for a few minutes and it will lock on to LTE and from then on, there won't be issues connecting to the LTE network.  

EDIT:  If the phone is taking a while to connect to LTE, doing a manual search and then connecting to the LTE network will help as confirmed by me on G4 when I had the issue.  

srlawren

@gc99 oh yes unfortuately G5 often requires a factory reset in order to resolve this issue.  Make sure you back up anything you want to keep and don't already have backed up or synced to cloud services by using the LG backup & restore app.

gc99

Hi thanks for the quick replies

I'm using the LG G5, i will do a complete phone reset and try everything again and post an update

srlawren

@skewpar glad to hear it's working now. T-Mo V10 should be just fine indeed, as they use compatible LTE bands.  Weird that you had the issue but I'm glad it's working.

skewpar

I am using an unlocked t-mobile variant of the LG V10.

I tried a manual search earlier didn't seem to work, but after toggling the other setting it started working now.

imm1304

Happy to hear that you are connected to LTE now, @skewpar.  

Now lets see if @gc99 can quickly try the suggestions from previous pages and report back.  

imm1304

Hey @gc99, which phone are you using?

Give us the model number so we can help rule out some of the basic compatibility issues and give specific tips for your phone.

imm1304

@skewpar, which phone are you using?

Can you do a manual serach for mobile networks and connect to "Public Mobile LTE"?  

At least now you have confirmed that your data connectivity problem is related to your device settings.  Worst case scenario is a factory reset.  Just backup your apps and files/pics/videos first.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@gc99

I'm sorry about this, 

I just doubled checked everything on our end for both accounts, definitely a strange situation! can you guys try and do a network reset on your phones?

Thanks,

Shazia

skewpar

Thanks for everyone's help, hopefully this thread helps others.

After switching the Network mode, my LTE mode also started working now. Might be a combination of all the sugguestions in this thread.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you take a look at @gc99's account
Need Help? Let's chat.