cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Activate Account

MC811
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer to Public Mobile. I just received a new physical SIM card. I tried activating my account via the App. During the account setup I selected a new phone number.  To confirm full access and complete the setup, I must verify with a six digit code sent to my new Public Mobile number. I am not receiving texts with the new number and my phone is unable to activate the cellar data network. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Qwerty-8675309

Per the Chatbot:

Keep your old SIM card in your device and your previous account active until you receive and respond to the SMS from your previous provider. Only replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM after you've authorized the transfer request.Tip: Keep your old SIM card in your device and your previous account active until you receive and respond to the SMS from your previous provider. Only replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM after you've authorized the transfer request.

MC811

@Handy1 - yes restarted several times. Removed and re inserted the SIM card as well. I do not have another phone to test with. 

I will try submitting a ticket. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MC811  Try rebooting the phone , also do you have another phone to try the SIM card in to test ? 
if still no luck please 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1709923230917.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.