cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US talk and text add on

HSH2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased a 15 day US talk and text add on. I was able to make and receive phone calls in the greater Detroit metro area but was unable to do so as I traveled north to Oscoda,  Michigan. The texting feature worked well but the telephone feature was useless. I reset the phone several times and looked for ways to activate the phone feature but with no luck. Bery frustrating. Any help will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

To add to @will13am post, sometimes I find when I'm in the US to lock it down to T-Mobile or AT&T. By doing so, you go into your network settings and turn off automatic.  Then pick the one you want and reboot. For me, that worked. 

But, but what if your hardware is not VoLTE whitelisted.  Locking onto AT&T means no calling capability.  As I have mentioned before there does not seem to be rhyme nor reason how one of the two networks is chosen.  I found that if I lock onto a network and it does not happen to be the chosen one, I get disconnected without service.  I am not saying this is a feature but it happened to me when I was testing whether auto or manual network connection is best.  Maybe when you are done with the points rewards debacle, you can push the VoLTE whitelist agenda.  We can alway use another white knight.   

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

To add to @will13am post, sometimes I find when I'm in the US to lock it down to T-Mobile or AT&T. By doing so, you go into your network settings and turn off automatic.  Then pick the one you want and reboot. For me, that worked. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@HSH2 , what phone are you using.  Based on your description, it sounds like your device is not whitelisted for VoLTE on this service.  If this is the case, then you will not be able to transact calls in the US unless there is T-Mobile 2G coverage in the area.  By all accounts T-Mobile is slowly shutting down their 2G network, so that coverage is shrinking.

Need Help? Let's chat.