cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming talk and text

Fritz123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i purchase add on for US roaming talk and text but did not purchase the data add on.

I'll need to turn data roaming off when I enter US.  Will the talk and text still work with

data roaming off?  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Fritz123  Voice calls in the USA require a VoLTE phone because there is no longer any 3G network there. From what I have read you need to have data roaming turned on for VoLTE to work when roaming.  Even if that is not true, you won't be charged any extra for having data roaming turned on because PM is prepaid so anything not already paid for will just not work.  If you don't have a VoLTE enabled phone you may still be able to make voice calls on T-Mobile's 2G but it is not available everywhere.  

Joshuawu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM is a prepaid service. Don’t need to worry about turning data roaming on or off, so there is no possibility to get charged for data if you did not purchase data add-on. 
I don’t think that turning off data roaming will affect phone call or text messages. 

Neil11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you arrive in the states you need to see that you're connected to either AT&T or T-Mobile. If not you'll need to scan for and find and connect to either. And yes you will need to have your data roaming ON. PM is prepaid so there will be no additional charges. As long as roaming option is on, you should have no problem while in US.

Need Help? Let's chat.