cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with my number porting over. From landline to public mobile

ellarose1104
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had had my number ported from cogeco cable to public mobile. I did not know that I needed to keep my landline account open, as when my son had a temporary number then moved over to his original phone number. At the wow mobile booth I did not have a temporary number it went straight the landline number and I was able to text and call out fine. which I still can do but I can not receive incoming calls. I did not know I could receive calls. The wow mobile people told me to wait a week for it to be fixed which it still has not been fixed. What do I do

13 REPLIES 13

LilyCheng

Thank you guys! My issue has been solved.

LilyCheng

Hello, Anybody help me out please? I have the same porting issue since last night, I followed this instructions and sent a private message to moderator team. So far, I didn't get any response.

Please help me. Thank you in advance!

@joeyberezanski

If you have similar problems, you will need to contact moderator.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

joeyberezanski

I'm having the same problem. Please help.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @ellarose1104,

We've responded to your message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Best,

Syed

@hxj140 wrote:

Sounds like you ported your number too public mobile rather than selecting a new number during the wow mobile sign up process. If this is the case, it sounds like a stock port and a moderator should be contacted as others have mentioned.

I experienced the same thing when I ported to public from Bell.

If the Public Mobile service was activated using the phone number from Cogeco, this is exactly the type of situation that I feel that moderators should not be contacted about.

A phone number from a cancelled service cannot be ported.  The OP's options remain the same - change to a new phone number and abandon the old phone number or first contact Cogeco to first reactivate the phone number over there. Neither of these things involve contacting moderators.

If the phone number gets reactivated at Cogeco (which isn't somethong that Public Mobile can have done - only the customer can do this), then only after that is it time to contact Public Mobile's moderators to request another number port request.

@Sorry @@@as I really don't mean to single you out, but it's been repeated a few times already.  A Public Mobile moderator cannot possibly uncancel a phone number from another carrier.   The funny thing is that the standard "contact the mods" has been repeated and repeated by a few community members, although the the moderators wouldn't be able to do anything in this type of case.

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like you ported your number too public mobile rather than selecting a new number during the wow mobile sign up process. If this is the case, it sounds like a stock port and a moderator should be contacted as others have mentioned.

I experienced the same thing when I ported to public from Bell.

@ellarose1104 wrote:

Let me clarify,

7136 was a landline with cogeco cable

At time of signing with public mobile. public mobile cellphone is 7136.

calls going out, text in and out work. 

calls coming into 7136 stop working on both cogeco and public mobile.

Unfortuantely, as @will13am already messaged, Public Mobile cannot do anything for you.  Cancelling your landline servce first was mistake, as you already know.

Your chocies are to change your phone number and abandon your old number, or you will need to contact Cogeco to first reactivate your service. Until that time, there is no possiblity that you can port your number over to Public Mobile.

ellarose1104

Let me clarify,

7136 was a landline with cogeco cable

At time of signing with public mobile. public mobile cellphone is 7136.

calls going out, text in and out work. 

calls coming into 7136 stop working on both cogeco and public mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ellarose1104

Login to your PM self serve account and click on the "Plan and Add-Ons" tab.  What is the number shown on the "Plan and Add-Ons" display?

1.  Your Cogeco number: This means that your son's temporary number had notported to Cogeco.

OR

2.  Your son's temporary number: This means that your son's number had been ported to your Cogeco account. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If the Cogeco account is not active, the moderator team cannot do anything.  They can only assist with porting a number in an active account from a competitor brand.  It is contingent on the customer to make sure this condition is met.  Don't ask the moderator team to push rope.  @ellarose1104, you need to work with Cogeco to restore your account to active status so the number meets the conditions for porting.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ellarose1104

It will take up to a week to port a number from landline.

Since you can call out now, PM had done its job.  It is up to cogeco cable to release your number.

But if your cogeco cable number is dead, follows @krazykiwi instruction to ask moderator to complete the port.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

Send the Moderators a private message. Include email, number and 4 digit pin for your account and explain you problem.

Use this link 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.