cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering my phone number

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have signed up for public mobile and an error is showing up when i am trying to transfter my phone number

"We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance. "

Can someone help

3 REPLIES 3

@449287 And turn off any ad/popup blocker. As well as "Do nots” for port-ins:

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

harveyg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was having the same results so I keep trying different things; like entering the info in a different sequence, deleting the browser cache and it finally worked. I was thinking that maybe the system gets busy. Anyways it worked out for me after about a dozen tries over a 24 hour period.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @449287

Send a private message with your phone number and previous carrier's account number to our moderators. @Mary_M They will help you as soon as possible. At this moment, one to two weeks waiting period. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.