cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfered away from Public Mobile - can I get my old plan back?

Strabonis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As the title says, I signed up for public mobile a while back - wasn't happy at the time and went back to my old carrier.

My needs have changed since then, and I'm willing to consider PM again, but I am comparing plans now and trying to decide between PM and Chatr. PM would be clearly better if I could get my old plan back. Is this an option?

Plan was the promo targetted at Freedom mobile customers ~a year ago.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Strabonis fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), PM does not have a retention department, and does not negotiate on pricing.  It's what you see right now is what you get.  If there isn't a currently offered plan that suits your needs, then I'm afraid you may need to look elsewhere.  Sorry.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Strabonis

I was hoping for something along the lines of a winback offer, as outlined by @computergeek541

A winback offer is what I had before from Freedom mobile and it worked, and they would have retained me permanently as a customer, if I weren't hiting some problems I hadn't had before.

Chatrs zones are a non-issue for me. I make probably 4-10 minutes of calls a year out of zone on average.

By long distance, I didn't mean US and Canada, I meant actual long distance - UK, Russia, etc. PM's flat rate of 0.067/minute isn't awful if all the countries you need are on their list of 18, but calling UK from Chatr is 0.02/minute for comparison, and Chatr has *actual* international calling. When I was with mobilicity years back, I was making hours of calls to Russia one month - with PM I'd have to mess with calling cards. With Mobillicity (now Chatr) it is 0.03/minute and no extra fuss. Really fantastic, like I said.

Chatr does offer Unlimited Canada/USA Talk plans.  Which can be quite good if you're in their Zones, not good outside their Zones.  But PM's Unlimited Talk/Text is not zone-based (or could be thought of as Province-/Canada-wide zones) and PM's Long Distance Add-On rates ($0.04/min Canada/USA or $0.0375/min Canada/USA/International, with flexible rollover) are hard to beat.  The better deal depends a lot on whether or not your calls will be in a "Zone", along with whatever balance of specific Cost/Talk/Text/Data parameters is most suitable for your needs.

I wish you luck in trying to prompt PM into soliciting/retaining your business with special offers, lol.

@Strabonis wrote:

Yeah, I also would have spent more money on phone service than I have over the past year... and I use way less data than the 2GB/month in my current plan, so having 6 wouldn't really benefit me. In hindsight I should have stayed, because a year + down the road I find myself needing to switch, but since being psychic isn't a real thing, there's not much point in discussing it?

If PM is interested in my business though, perhaps one of the mods could message me to discuss getting my old plan back. Otherwise, Chatr might be my best option (they have really fantastic long distance rates, which is a + in their favour).

No carrier offers a time machine.  The $120/12 gig plan is something most of us hang onto like it's part of us.  

@Strabonis

All the above being said - you've lost your old PM account, any remaining balance on the account, all accumulated (Loyalty, Referral) Rewards, and your old PM plan - plus you've lost (or have to re-port) your number and have to activate a new PM SIM card (because your old one cannot be reactivated) - you are now also a "new customer" who qualifies for the various PM promos which are exclusively available to new customers.

Generally, at carriers, once you have left, you cannot get your old plan back unless they are currently offering it to new customers.  There are, of course, exceptions to this. 

Carriers often have loyalty/retention departments and sometimes, these departments are willing to talk to former customers (whether by them contacting the former customer or the former customer contacting them) to offer what is called a winback offer.  But, this doesn't always happen.

I've never heard of Public Mobile offering any time of retention plans to customers, so I would say that the odds are low at getting your old plan back.  You can always ask, but don't be surpised if they won't do it. 

@Strabonis wrote:

Yeah, I also would have spent more money on phone service than I have over the past year... and I use way less data than the 2GB/month in my current plan, so having 6 wouldn't really benefit me. In hindsight I should have stayed, because a year + down the road I find myself needing to switch, but since being psychic isn't a real thing, there's not much point in discussing it?

If PM is interested in my business though, perhaps one of the mods could message me to discuss getting my old plan back. Otherwise, Chatr might be my best option (they have really fantastic long distance rates, which is a + in their favour).

I wouldn't hold  your breath for a MOD to  contact you to offer you an old plan. THey have recently made their 3G plans with Canada wide calling the same price as the province wide calling.   What are you looking in a plan?   GB of Data and that maybe we can find something that will work for you.  But you will never be offered that deal again.  PM is actually working fairly hard on migrating LTE customers to their bigger sister Koodo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Strabonis

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Strabonis wrote:

As the title says, I signed up for public mobile a while back - wasn't happy at the time and went back to my old carrier.

My needs have changed since then, and I'm willing to consider PM again, but I am comparing plans now and trying to decide between PM and Chatr. PM would be clearly better if I could get my old plan back. Is this an option?

Plan was the promo targetted at Freedom mobile customers ~a year ago.

What was your plan?  You  will only have access to the plans that are listed as the ready made plans or the build your own plan.  Are you able to build the same plan as what you had before?

ETA Didn't see that you listed the plan.  Sorry that is not available anymore.  Moreover if you stuck with PM there was an offer to move that plan to koodo where people were able to end up getting 6GB a data per month for the $40

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Strabonis No, the old plan is not available anymore, so you cannot get it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.