cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number failed. How to restart the transfer?

Kazma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I tried to transfer my number from Fido to Public about 1 week ago, and just realize that I'm unable to receive text messages.

It's probably related to this message I received from Public during the transfer:
===================
Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat
===================

No one actually called and so I believe my transfer is incomplete and the process needs to be reinitiated by Public.

I tried the Chatbot which gave me the "submit a ticket" link but the link doesn't work. How can I ask Public to restart the transfer process?

Thank you all for the help, really appreciated it.

10 REPLIES 10

Petrina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it 🙂 

@Petrina  Here’s how 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Petrina

This might be a dumb question but how did you contact customer service?

AJ1971

Hi there 

I actually messaged customer service with my problem and they successfully ported my phone number on their end but I was still locked out of the public mobile app since it was sending the confirmation code to the old number and didn’t have access to the number anymore and I could not install the e sim. So in the end I had to a buy physical SIM card which customer service attached to my account and now it all works. Hope this helps somehow 

Petrina

I made the same mistake while porting my phone number. Any chance I could get number for porting team as well ?? Please and thanks! 

Petrina

I made the same mistake!! while porting my phone number. Any chance I could get number for porting team as well ? Please and thank you! 

Tonnus

Hi there,

I'm also getting the same issue as I'm porting from Fido to Public Mobile. I also can't submit the ticket and getting an error. Please help I can't receive Text and Calls.

HI @AJ1971 

of course.  Sent

AJ1971

I made the same mistake while porting my dad’s phone number. Any chance I could get number for porting team as well ? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kazma  It’s best to just use the old providers account number not the IMEI best to ignore it it’s not needed anyway . But no worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and give them old provider account number and get it fixed 

Need Help? Let's chat.