cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer is not completed yet

aliaksar2000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just activated my friend’s SIM card for Public Mobile. She was with Koodo. We activated it at 7:17 pm. It’s now 9:46 pm, she still doesn’t have the line. I thought transfer would take up to 2 hours. Could someone help please?

55 REPLIES 55

aliaksar2000

I switched the SIM cards, now PM is in. When I try to make a call, it says “Not registered on network.”. This wasn’t what was happening when I failed to make calls with the Koodo SIM card was in a few minutes ago. It was just ending the call a second after you make the call.

@aliaksar2000   Yup, when the automated system says no transfer request, it usually mean it was completed  (as long as you know you did submit the request earlier)

Now, just keep rebooting the phone ever 15 mins for an update and try incoming calls.

and of course, come back and give us the good news

aliaksar2000

I just called them from my phone, not hers and then the automated service asked my call was about what number. I entered her number. Then it said “there is no active transfer request for this number. Koodo is sending you a text to start a conversation.”. Then the call ended. Checked, she has no new texts. Tried to call the same number from her phone this time (Koodo sim is in), she cannot make any call. Tried to call myself. Again, no line. I was able to make calls before I responded their SMS. I guess the transfer is done. I will check one last time if she had a text or line by the time I type this post. If not, I will put PM SIM card and see if she has a line.

@aliaksar2000   Yes, call them now and confirm if that text is valid.  They might need to re-trigger a 2nd one

aliaksar2000

the text just came into your Koodo without you calling the porting team.

I am going to call them now then.

Thank you very much! You are really helpful.

@aliaksar2000 wrote:

I just woke up and wanted to check her if any development, and yes, she had received a SMS from Koodo to respond back as Yes if we requested a transfer. I see the SMS was sent just half an hour ago. I responded as Yes right away. What do we do now?

@aliaksar2000   You called the department and they re-triggered the sms and she replied yes?

if you did call porting team and then the text came, then you can move the PM sim into another phone , make incoming calls and see if PM sim rings.  If not, reboot every 15 mins for an update (the whole process should completed in 2 hours)

HOWEVER, if the text just came into your Koodo without you calling the porting team, I suggest you to call porting team once to confirm the status.  The text could be an old sms from yesterday, which would have expired even you replied YES. 

aliaksar2000

I just woke up and wanted to check her if any development, and yes, she had received a SMS from Koodo to respond back as Yes if we requested a transfer. I see the SMS was sent just half an hour ago. I responded as Yes right away. What do we do now?

So that seems to be just a confirmation of a successful activation. Did you use a credit card to pay?

If you put the Koodo sim back in does anything work? What do you get if you dial 611?

Adding - what sort of colour scheme is on the Koodo sim?

aliaksar2000

Actually this is what I got when I did (please see attached screenshot)

08622E7E-BCB8-47BA-AA28-637438613678.png

aliaksar2000

The online automated service never mentioned anything about porting but asked us Koodo account number, if we wanted to keep the same number (we said yes). 

@aliaksar2000   

So, she did request porting when she activated?  Call the number I sent you tomorrow morning, the porting team will check and will confirm what to do next

aliaksar2000

She says she doesn’t get a paper bill, she just gets a an sms for payment. She never clicked on the link to see her bill. Now when we click, it asks us to log in but we can’t log in. It’s a vicious circle. 
As for if she gets extra charges or sometimes some of her services stopped working; again she couldn’t even understand the question. 

aliaksar2000

She never logged in her online account. Only time she contacted them is calling them to make the payment every month. As I said, she is a senior citizen with close to zero technical knowledge 

The way to know is by the renewal. If you get a bill (which would be one indication but I don't know if Koodo prepaid sends a bill) showing that you might owe a little more than usual for some other usage then that's postpaid. It may not be every renewal. If any service just stops working because you used it all then that's usually prepaid.

Adding - oh the above is way better. Thanks softech.

@aliaksar2000 wrote:

She doesn’t know. She isn’t tech savvy at all. That’s why I am taking care of it for her. I am guessing it is prepaid. But how come neither public mobile instructions when I did the activation, nor forum users never mentioned that “difference” when I inquired it a few weeks ago?

@aliaksar2000 

Don't guess, please ask her how she login her Koodo account online

Does she login with "Monthly customer" (which mean postpaid) or she clicks on Prepaid customer and login?

softech_0-1657419539842.png

aliaksar2000

She doesn’t know. She isn’t tech savvy at all. That’s why I am taking care of it for her. I am guessing it is prepaid. But how come neither public mobile instructions when I did the activation, nor forum users never mentioned that “difference” when I inquired it a few weeks ago?

@aliaksar2000 wrote:

What line do we call?

@aliaksar2000   

did you check your private message?  

E-Community_Inbox.png

Don't call now, you don't want to talk to the automated system.

@aliaksar2000 wrote:

We put back Koodo sim back but no sms from them. Only from public mobile saying this (see image)

It's too late now, you missed the 90 mins.  You need to call the number I sent you tomorrow so they can re-trigger the text to your Koodo SIM

Call tomorrow morning to talk to live support

aliaksar2000

We put back Koodo sim back but no sms from them. Only from public mobile saying this (see image)

That's 10pm eastern. So they just closed. Again, was this Koodo prepaid or postpaid? They need different actions.

aliaksar2000

What line do we call?

@aliaksar2000 wrote:

No I put the PM sim in. We will put back Koodo now then 

@aliaksar2000 

It likely passed the 90 mins time.  Call the line now.  I think it closed at 10pm

aliaksar2000

No I put the PM sim in. We will put back Koodo now then 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@aliaksar2000 hi did you leave koodo sim in phone to receive transfer request? you have 90 minutes to respond yes 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aliaksar2000   did she keep the Koodo sim in a phone and received a text from Koodo?  She was supposed to reply YES to approve the porting within 2 hours.  Did she do that?  This is a critical part in porting and cannot be missed

There is a support line you can call and ask for the porting status, and re-trigger the process if missed.  I will send you the phone # , check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Was this Koodo prepaid or postpaid? If postpaid, did you leave the old sim in to confirm the transfer? If prepaid then you were to start with a new number and then ask the support people to do the transfer.

Koodo prepaid and Public share some system. They need to "flip a switch" to put your number under Public.

Need Help? Let's chat.