cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer From Public Mobile to Fongo - not authorized

akumashinto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

i tried to transfer my existing PB number to Fongo and it was denied.

PM is stating that it because i did not reply YES to the sms but the SMS i received is clearly stating that i have nothing to do unless i didnt requested it.. 

Did someone had that issue before ? the CS Agent are trying to help but always asking me to reply YES to a SMS i never receive.

THanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akumashinto 

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

and if you missing the SMS to reply : YES.

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try again the Transfer,

@akumashinto wrote:

I just called the porting team and no i can't retrigger from PM the sms. I must ask Fongo to send the request again. 

will keep you posted.

..according to the PM page, you need to use the link to open the ticket instead of calling Porting team.

Anyway, calling Fongo for sure will able to re-trigger the SMS

akumashinto

I just called the porting team and no i can't retrigger from PM the sms. I must ask Fongo to send the request again. 

will keep you posted.

you can do it either way, 

1. ask Fongo to re-trigger the process which will re-trigger the SMS

2.  based on PM's age  Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca) , yes, you can use the direct link to open a ticket with PM to re-trigger the process

akumashinto

@softech 

Can you really retrigger the SMS without asking Fongo to send the request ? 

@akumashinto   I updated my post above to show you the sample text from PM 

you need to reply yes

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link.  (https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

akumashinto

@softech  So i have to reply YES to the sms saying that i have nothing to do ? 

The sms is coming from the number 4800. is that the one ? 

thanks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@akumashinto   No, to transfer your number you need to reply YES, this is stated here

Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.

No worry, you can contact PM via this link  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8   to retrigger the SMS 

Need Help? Let's chat.