cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you! For freeing me from telus

Nicholas255
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I was paying literally double what I pay now when I was on pay as you go with Telus.
Telus also had all these shady policies, when my data cycle ran out, they rarely notified me, and started charging me $2/mb !!!!! Madness!!! You open Facebook, then all of a sudden your entire account balance is exhausted.
There should be government legislation protecting consumers from those prices. $0.30 per text while off a plan. Madness and stupidity
25 REPLIES 25

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Karnbot13 wrote:

@Quest I just took the statements made multiple times by you, to be literal. Perhaps a signifier of your seriousness, in regards to future posts, may be in order? emoji, perhaps? Perhaps I have to be less diplomatic and metaphorical for you? 😉

Nothing is wrong with being upset but please don't imply that anything new users say will shut down the brand, thereby upsetting the pioneers whom are the "foundation". (Which you did imply)

What else would a merging into Chatr and disappearance of the Mobilicity brand be called? Sounds like a shutdown to me. That's Breitbart/Infowars level of ignorance being displayed by yourself.

@Karnbot13  It seems for me that indeed it became Infowar Man Happy and someone has to stop it.

I wish i would be more articulate like you. Unfortunately English is my second language. In fact I am proud of myself that I can use it to such an extent. I am greatly misunderstood here so may be I should give up. And by the way I have never ... "implied that anything new users say will shut down the brand"... Man Happy

I still think that Pioneers are or used to be, I don't know how many of them left, foundation of this brand or what is left from it Man Happy

I hate to say it, but mobilicty was shut down. Im seeing it as a shut down, because if customers did not migrate to chatr, they would lose their service, not see a price increase like we're seeing for Pioneer/Legacy customers here. It was either move to chatr or find someone new. It was rogers choice to shut down mobilicity's service. Rogers didnt need to operate fido, chatr and mobilicty all at once.

Maybe if the government didnt allow the sale of mobility things could have been different

RSAND
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Agreed! I was with Telus since it was originally clearnet and they always had great customer service and really tried to find answers for me; however the plans across all carriers are just crazy! Which is why I am so happy someone recommended public to me, I save tons of money that I was able to use and buy a new phone, plus the knowledge base is incredible!

Karnbot13

@Quest I just took the statements made multiple times by you, to be literal. Perhaps a signifier of your seriousness, in regards to future posts, may be in order? emoji, perhaps? Perhaps I have to be less diplomatic and metaphorical for you? 😉

Nothing is wrong with being upset but please don't imply that anything new users say will shut down the brand, thereby upsetting the pioneers whom are the "foundation". (Which you did imply)

What else would a merging into Chatr and disappearance of the Mobilicity brand be called? Sounds like a shutdown to me. That's Breitbart/Infowars level of ignorance being displayed by yourself.

Quest

@Karnbot13  I hope you didn't take everything I have said in my post literally.

First of all, I didn't mean that Rogers shut down Mobilicity. It was merged with chatr. As you are probably aware of that Pioneers were given option to switch to Koodo if they didn't want to have hike in price for their plans. In the process of doing so they were constantly misinformed that PM is closing soon. I know it is unethical to spread fake news but they were employees in corporate kiosks as well.

In regards to Pioneers. There is nothing wrong with being attached to something. People are attached to the certain brands everywhere it is nothing wrong with that. If I like something It doesn't mean everybody should like it. I have never heard on this forum of any Pioneer complaining about any new users. What is wrong with being upset if you may lose something that you were very long time with, maybe attached to it, as well.

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM still under telus too! 

JK haha

Karnbot13

We can say what we want @Quest It would be a very poor company that closed a service because of "jealousy" of it's own sub brand. If it makes money, Public mobile will survive. If they can make more money eliminating it, then it will go. Rogers didn't shut down Mobilicity because of badmouthing, they can make more money with it gone. End of story

Also remember that Public mobile has continued to grow because of new members, not the legacy accounts and I'm very unconcerned with what they would think as they don't pay my bill.

Halfdome

I would agree @Quest .  I think that we should be praising Telus for giving us the opportunity to enjoy their top notch services at a much discounted price buy using Public Mobile.  If you were like me, moving from Rogers after 20+ years,  now there is something to complain about.  The service here is fantastic,  and I don't even need to wait for hours on hold.

Quest

@Nicholas255  No problem. Smiley Very Happy  Enjoy your stay here Smiley Happy

Nicholas255
thank you for the kind words! I understand now, and that's a good point, they might decide no frills brands hurt their profit margin, and I shouldn't, as we say in b.c. "poke the bear".
Now I know what the pioneers means, and knowing the history makes it easier to understand

Quest

@Nicholas255  It looks like for me that I have to be less diplomatic and metaphorical but more straight forward here.

What I meant literally by saying that Telus could become too jealous is that they will merge PM with Koodo for example like Rogers did to Mobilicity.

I have noticed that you have joined PM just recently and if PM in a long run won't give you what you want you will look for another provider that will. You are very strong and determined person.

There are many people here unlike you that have joined PM many years before it was purchased by Telus Mobile. I think they really, really, really wouldn't be happy abut it.

There is a reason why you call them Pioneers or Legacy users they are the fundation of The Public Mobile Brand.

Nicholas255
@Quest as long as they give us the people what they want!! They can get jealous all they like 🙂

Quest

@Nicholas255Thanks for clarifying your position.

I didn't mean to undermine your good intentions here. Remember all of them Bell/Rogers/Telus do that. What I am concern about here is that maybe Telus will become to  jealous about its sub brand's success. And jealousy is not good as you know.

Nicholas255

Nicholas255
@Quest well, I only meant freed from the parent company, I feel charging a pay as you go customer(usually low income) 15x what they would pay if they purchased an add-on and what, 80x the rate if they purchased 1gb is immoral and should be controlled by government legislation. Im also upset they never informed me about pm in the multitude of service calls I had to make, complaining about exactly what pm would have solved.

I'm very happy with public mobile and if they want to remove me for voicing my opinion on their inferior parent company that's fine. But I doubt they will, as I am more than happy to contribute to it's growth through my word of mouth opinion, which is greater than any advertisement

Quest

@Nicholas255 wrote:
I was paying literally double what I pay now when I was on pay as you go with Telus.
Telus also had all these shady policies, when my data cycle ran out, they rarely notified me, and started charging me $2/mb !!!!! Madness!!! You open Facebook, then all of a sudden your entire account balance is exhausted.
There should be government legislation protecting consumers from those prices. $0.30 per text while off a plan. Madness and stupidity

@Nicholas255  To tell you the truth you didn't free yourself from Telus because there is only one Telus under different names.

I would be extremely cautions in criticizing Telus after switching or moving to one of its no frills brands. I don't know if anybody is aware of on this forum what has happened to Mobilicity or brand formally known as Mobilicity. They were recently acquired by Rogers I believe. Sounds familiar to me.

I wouldn't like one day open PM forum and in its latest announcements section hear good news about brand formally known as Public Mobile. I know there is still Koodo and Chatr out there.

As much as Koodo sales people are ignorant about PM and its future. I wouldn't like their prophecies about PM to be fulfilled.

PM is not here to compete exclusively with Koodo or Telus. They are here to offer something different for the lower price and also bleed as many customers from competitors like Rogers/chatr and Bell/Virgin mobile as possible through its innovative way to attract new customers. I think Telus loves what PM is doing.

When switching from Telus or Koodo I would rather say that Telus is great and Koodo is great but with my financial situation, and with my habits in controlling and monitoring my usage it is better for me to switch to no frills brand that is absolutely data and voice shock free.

Welcome to the new world.

Welcome to absolutely Shock Free Public Mobile.

paulie

Telus is good company... besides... they own PublicMobile.  I like the PM prices with the rock solid back bone of Telus.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome aboard.  Don't stop yet, spread the cheer and tell a few others to do the same. 

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Telus made 1.7 billion in wireless revenues in Q1 2017... ARPU now at $65 and climbing.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/05/11/telus-financial-results-strong-q1-2017-earnings/

All this price gouging is making PM look like the saviour of the wireless world in Canada.

Yea, many people i know like the way it has no overage.  It is easy to implement to have acknoledgement before having more charges.  However those carriers simply dont want to do it, as TOO many people will be over the limit bye little and charge the whole GB or MB.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

I love the no oeverage on data.  So when i inevitably run out they dont charge me a fortune! i just have no data lol.

Only $30 for the 1gb addon or early plan renewal , or worst case borrow a friends phone 🙂

I love the no oeverage on data.  So when i inevitably run out they dont charge me a fortune! i just have no data lol.

Nicholas255
Thanks, it's honestly such a feeling of relief, joining a carrier I respect

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

welcome to the PM family, and wow thats insane. I was with koodo, and if i went over it was never that bad

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@Nicholas255  welcome to PM, they really are the best.  The best coverage of telus at super amazing prices and support is fantastic.

Need Help? Let's chat.