cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Suspension

Lai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Since I will be out of the country for two months and do not require my account to be active, how can I temporary suspend my account without losing my benefits? I don't want to continue paying for something that I'm not using. Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lai    When you come back just enable autopay again (now called pre-authorized payments).  No you don't lose any benefits/rewards but if you chose to use the Lost/Stolen tab and then Suspend Service option (which needs to be Resumed again on return), you can lose rewards temporarily and will need customer support to add back any missed rewards.

edit:  @Lai   The Lost/Stolen/Suspend is only needed if you had a balance in your account equivalent to your payment, in which case the payment would go through, but otherwise removing autopya/pre-authorized payment is all that's needed and being mindful to make a payment before the 90 day suspension date.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Lai 

you not losing any benefits, you will be out of the country for two months and do remove your autopay for now and when you will be back add it autopay and you have 88 day suspension, so be careful after 90 day you will losing everything.

Lai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Do you mean upon my return I can't continue with Autopay? Will I lose all my benefits earned as in now I'm paying $9 for a $15 plan

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lai   Just disable Pre-Authorized payment from My Account.  At the end of this cycle, PM cannot take money from your credit card (as Pre-Authorized payment/Autopay is disabled), the account will be suspended.  When you come back, just make a manual payment to restart the service.

Remember you have 90 day to come back once the account is suspended or you will loss you phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.