cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus

67Firebird
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This might be a stupid question but I am not very phone savy. My old cell phone is locked with Telus. Seeing this is Telus based do I have to still get my phone unlocked from Telus.

Thanks

Jim

7 REPLIES 7

67Firebird
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

I didnt have to unlock my phone as it was with Telus.

We went into Walmart and the gentleman behind the counter set us up

with a SIMM card and registered us. set us up with a package. All we had to do is go home and install the SIMM card in into my Wife's phone.

Very Very happy with Public Mobile.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@67Firebird Once you are a PM customer they will unlock your Telus phone without charge. Just provide the moderators with the phone's IMEI # by private message. Private Messages - viewing and creating

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@67Firebird wrote:

This might be a stupid question but I am not very phone savy. My old cell phone is locked with Telus. Seeing this is Telus based do I have to still get my phone unlocked from Telus.

Thanks

Jim

@jim I recommend getting it unlocked anyways. It is free and may advert issues down the line.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @67Firebird,

Technically you don't need to unlock your phone if you're going from Telus to Public Mobile since Telus owns Public Mobile and they use the same network.  However now that the new CRTC rules are in, companies are required to sell unlocked phones, and companies are required to provide the unlock codes, if asked, to their customers.  So I suggest you contact Telus and get the unlocked codes anyways, just in case you want to try out any other providers.  Might as well since it's free.

On a side note, congrats @Anonymous, with a very nice personalized response, good to see something other than an irrelevant cut and paste, keep replies like this one coming.

@67Firebird wrote:

Thanks

Jim

Usually, no unlock is necesary, except for the few extremely rare cases. I once had a Koodo phone that had to be unlocked to use a Telus sim, but that isn't the expected norm.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@67Firebird, you do not need to unlock the phone. You are correct, it will work on Public Mobile.  You can get it unlocked if you wish, at no cost.  You will need an unlocked phone only if you wish to use it on a network that is not Telus / Koodo/ Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes you can use your phone with public mobile 

and you can make call to Telus unlocked your phone for free 

If you're not currently a TELUS customer but have a TELUS device, you can contact TELUS to unlock your device by calling 1-866-558-2273. for Free

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.