cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System requirements

humon1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I would like to get a new phone.  Where do I easily find the minimum system requirements that I need to have with a phone in order for it to work flawlessly with Pub Mob?

I may want to get a phone that is not Samsung and not iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@humon1 wrote:

Hi folks,

I would like to get a new phone.  Where do I easily find the minimum system requirements that I need to have with a phone in order for it to work flawlessly with Pub Mob?

I may want to get a phone that is not Samsung and not iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

There is no such document beyond the info @fixin provided BUT every unlocked phone with those specs won't necessarily work flawlessly. One example problem is those MMS settings which some phones cannot be updated with. VoLTE is another feature that should work but doesn't always. The best guarantee of success would be to select any phone currently, or recently, offered by Telus or Koodo. Not suggesting you purchase there, just target those phones. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BKNS27 - Yes, definitely Costco. Though I had to leave one PM line back in 2021 to monthly pay for my iPhone 13 mini with Virgin Plus ("Obviously" sucks with CSA's) - the $200 Costco Gift Card was awesome! Went back and bought apple care+ with it. But once I finished paying off my iPhone - ported that number back to PM with eSIM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@humon1 

My friend got the unlocked Moto (Motorola) G Play for $140 from Costco. He was happy with it and went back and got the Moto G Stylus 5G for $300.

If you don’t have a Costco membership. Have a friend or family with membership to get you a Costco gift card.

fixin

@humon1 - These are the specific bands for Public Mobile:

Bands_w_5G.jpg

Credits to softech

And for MMS it needs this phone (Not RCS or iMessage) but unencrypted pictures & for Voice over LTE it needs these phones (VoLTE is required for roaming in the USA):

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 6.24.52 PM.png

humon1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the answer.  I actually do not want any kind of iPhone.

I was hoping Pub Mob had some kind of pdf or place on their website where one could simply look at the minimum system requirements.

Thanks for your prompt response, though.

fixin

@humon1 - iPhone 8, 8+ and X are for most people. For 5G you need iPhone 12.

Need Help? Let's chat.