Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Shazia_K Follow up on Porting Issue

danicahxchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

Hi Shazia,

You mentioned to me earlier that there was 2 port in request for my one number with my old provider...and that is the reason that my port cannot be completed.

So I called Rogers and spoke to their porting centre and they told me that there was 2 request put in by Telus (I'm assuming that's the same as Public Mobile) within 5 minutes of each other...and that is the reason why there was issues.  They've told me that they have recified the 2 port request on their side and told me to ask you guys to put in another request to get the number ported over.

I'm hoping you can do this for me tonight...I've been on the phone with Rogers for a long time today and a great ending to a long night.

Also, if there are other people with Rogers that have a porting issue...you might want to call their porting centre (I got their number for you Smiley Wink...1-866-559-5545 Option #3) to see if there's are any request or any canceled requests for your number.

Hoping that every works soon!!!

3 REPLIES 3

doucanada

I called Rogers porting number and they said that my account does have a porting request but they can't do anything about it.  They told me to go back to PM and give them my account number so the porting request can be made again with the right information and it should go thru without any problem.  With the PM swamped getting to them is the difficult part but thanks for sharing the Rogers porting number, at least I know the request was made on my account.  I have given PM the right information so it's time to wait for my request to come up, hopefully soon.

danicahxchan

I tried to be port right away.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the info with the porting contact number for Rogers.  Curious, did you port right away during activation or did you choose a new number first and then port in the self serve? 

Need Help? Let's chat.