cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not working iMessage stuck on verifying

Destoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported over a couple hours ago and I'm having a few problems.

SMS not working
iMessage / Facetime stuck on verifying

Calls - ok
Data - ok
Received porting message (Rogers) and said YES, got confirmation number was ported

I submitted a ticket already but I don't know how long it takes to get a response. Is there a quicker way to get ahold of someone for porting or might have any solutions?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

MSolisa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same frustration here. I hope they get back to me soon and solve this problem. 

Destoy

Update:

It took a total of about 2 days to get it all fixed. I had to create a ticket and also private message the CS Agents. They needed to reset things on their end.

The first reset got my SMS working so I'm able to receive texts.

Second reset about a day later got my iMessage and Facetime working. It was also close to 24 hours since the first reset. It's also mentioned it can take 24 hours for iMessage / Facetime to work with a new carrier after porting.

So far it's working like normal with no issues.

It also helps to google some of the resets you can do on your phone. Example: Reset network settings, Toggling iMessage / Facetime in the settings, Restarting / Shutting down for 10 min.

n0rm

I have been reading on other posts that people were getting it resolved through CS Agents.  Hopefully they get back to you ASAP!

MikeDSelig

That’s terrible. So far , I am not impressed. 

Destoy

No solution yet. Still waiting to hear back unfortunately. 

MikeDSelig

Same thing is happening to me! Did you ever get yours fixed?

Destoy

I ported in from Rogers. Everything went well. I've ported another line to another company and I got the same confirmations. 

But yes, I've put in a ticket so I'm hoping someone can help me soon. I need the phone for work and it's frustrating.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Destoy 

can you confirm if you activate with new number or port in number from another old provider?

For your SMS issue, PM is having problem provisioning text capability for new activations.  And if you are an iPhone user,  iMessage activation by phone number will also be impacted without a working SMS. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis.  Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.