cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers can kiss my @$$

suno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Today was my first renewal date with PM and I have nothing but good things to say about Public Mobile.

1. Network service is great.   Data speeds are better than Rogers here in Vancouver.

2. Customer service.  No more long wait times on the phone.  Public Mobile's forum is better.

3.  KEEP IT UP PUBLIC MOBILE!  😃

31 REPLIES 31

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304 wrote:

@Vickel, last few months saw Rogers corporate plan prices going up by 5 to 9 bucks for most.  As heard from dozens of Rogers customers who transferred to PM during the promo.  

@imm1304, That is why I am now a Public Mobile user lol.

I did receive the letter that the price was going up by $3 on the voice only 350corp plan. This was supposed to take effect Nov 2016. Price has remained the same. Hard to find a basic Canada wide plan for $20 now.

@TheOldVR I dunno, its the same as the Koodo loophole plans

Most people seem to have no issues with it

I know someone who has a plan nearly 10 years now... and trust me when I say its the best plan ever Cat Wink

The discount is not supposed to drop off until 3000 (so unless someone messes with account they have nearly 1000 years left lol)

It certainly is not safe to give someone your personal info + money and there are many people who were scammed trying to save 

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @kav2001c... I assume they are also going to crack down on the plans that are sold on Kijiji that are heavily discounted?

That's gonna make many peeps maaaad Smiley Mad as they paied $$$ upfront for the discount.

@TheOldVR well from informal counts Bell had more than 50% on ineligible plans at the time 

People who did not work for Enbridge but read on internet about the great plans they offer (same thing happening today with Rogers Magna plans, it is pretty obvious)

I personally liked the OIGP plans best but maybe I was just weird Cat LOL

TheOldVR

@kav2001c How are they keeping clients without corporate plans? I would be running as fast as possible if they took away my corp discount....

@Vickel at least Rogers kept corporate plans at all. Bell has totally discontinued all the INDV pricing

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vickel, last few months saw Rogers corporate plan prices going up by 5 to 9 bucks for most.  As heard from dozens of Rogers customers who transferred to PM during the promo.  

Vickel

Rogers used to be good with corp plans.

But since the switch to 2 year plans the pricing is now insane

TheOldVR

My first auto-renewal coming up today.... fingers crossed!!!

imm1304

That's amazing, @kav2001c!

Your uncle must be happy with the awesome savings.  

Everyone knows how carriers take advantage of old people right?

I brought my uncle over to Public from Bell

Bell called back asking why he left

He responded his bill for 1 year on Public costs him the same as 1 month on Bell

Her only response was I understand

How can you argue stats like that eh

My Rogers Rep sad the same thingbut still tried to tell me that the reception wouldn't be as good and was still trying to keep me.  I laughed and thanked them for their help and would wait for my final bill to clear up any outstanding balance

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

vinions
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LOL anyone get a phone call to do a survey on why you left Rogers?  I don't normally do surveys but I had time so I was like what the heck.. answered a bunch of questions and many of them were "got a better plan elsewhere" - and when the guy finally asked what the plan was, he was like wow, I would have left too.  

TheOldVR

Another anti-Rogers thread..... lol.

I'm in!

The freedom of not having to beg for a reasonable monthly rate every two years is the best feeling ever.

suno

cantel.... really brings back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIyFwbsP_ik

KK
My hubby has Rogers network and hates it. Service in rural Alberta for Rogers sucks. Telus way better.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome to PM!

On a side note, I haven't been with Rogers since it was named Cantel! Lol. I used to joke about how Cantel sounds like "can't tell" and it's competitor was Telus ("Tell us"). Coincidence?

ute1978

@suno wrote:
@Chaos_Scorpio
Haha wanted to emphasize on the amount of money I saved with Public Mobile or the other way to look at it is the amount of money Rogers lost cuz I switched...

Then there are not enough dollar signs. It should be "ki$$ my a$$e$ a$$"

Smiley Wink

suno
@Chaos_Scorpio
Haha wanted to emphasize on the amount of money I saved with Public Mobile or the other way to look at it is the amount of money Rogers lost cuz I switched...

joejoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't agree more! No more of their lengthy contract and stupid retention rep. PM is so much better!

Chaos_Scorpio

ass ...

Why not just spell ass out ... @$$

welcome to PM, I left rogers 6-9months ago 🙂

dohadotahmed
Nice to see your exciting positive feedback for pm. Yes it's the almost same service as telus with reduced price. Unlike rogers mvno chatr mobile which has only 3g data with zone restrictions.
Welcome to PM with many happy customer like us.

Civic_E

@imm1304good to know. I just keep my old phones around as a collection.

imm1304

Happy to hear about your good experience with PM @Civic_E

Just FYI, the Blackberry incompatibility stems from lack of support for the Blackberry Internet Service.  For a BB phone to work with PM, it has to be BB10 or newer operating system which works without the separate BIS requirement.  

Civic_E

Public mobile is so good that it even works with my old Nokia 95 8gb that I got on a contract with Rogers. Remember paying 130+ every month for two years until the contract was over!

On the other hand, Public mobile SIM gets SOS signal(does not work) on Blackberry Bold 9700(unlocked) that i got from WIND when I moved from Rogers.

Public mobile loves to take over Robbers, not WIND (they have a lot catch up todo). I was with WIND for 3+ years until i moved to PM. Never got a single penny for bonus for auto sign-up, loyalty, etc... and with PM i haven't yet paid second bill but started to see the 6 dollars off my balance.

Thank you Civic Mobile 😉

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The more of these good news stories are reported, the more it will get the competition to take notice that the Public Mobile model is what many discriminating customers want.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Plus for most of the country Telus+Bell has a better network. 

So Public is cheaper and better network.

Unless you live in the Territories or way up Northern Ontario area

But then I would say moving is better solution! Cat Very Happy

mimmo

Love seeing the positive forum posts.  I know people come to teh forums for help so there are lots of nefitive issues  /problems people see, so positive posts help offset that 🙂

imm1304

Happy to hear that your move to PM is working out well.  Its great to be free, unchained from contracts and restrictions.  

I am in my 18th month with PM now.. never been happier.  

I recently got myself a new G5 just because I felt like it and not because my previous phone was broken... no need to wait for contracts or pay penalties.  My total expenditures are way down even with the purchase of a brand new phone.  

SD08

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

Now if only PM could offer home internet everything would be set ;).

Yeah, I'd go for that!

Except when a customer's "PM Net" goes down, support will only be available by cellular data or text.  Robot LOL 

Need Help? Let's chat.