cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating Accounts

jenndar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

My question is actually on behalf of my mother in law: She accidentally missed a payment, and seems to be stuck in a catch 22 trying to fix the issue:

• She can't create a community account to ask this question herself; apparently it won't let her do so with an inactive account
  • She also can't make a payment, because she didn't store her credit card on file, and it won't let her enter a new card with an inactive account

Can someone please help me give her guidance as to how she can activate her plan again and pay her outstanding balance? It's difficult to help her from afar without being able to see what's on her screen

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

jenndar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having read around on the forums, I have a feeling she must have tried to pay using *611, which does require a card that is already on file, and does not let you add one.

She has no internet access at home (only data; which she can't use right now obviously...) so she is relying on wifi hotspots to sort herself out. I assumed that meant she tried to pay online, but that assumption may be wrong.

Who knows why the community signup failed. She did say it "wouldn't let her sign up for a community account" so I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't just try to log in with her self-serve password, but thank you for pointing that out anyway, that's definitely possible.

To the other question; she's only been inactive for about a week I believe, it's good to know about the 90 day limit, she should be safe for a while 😄

She'll be visiting us this weekend, so we'll get her online and sorted out, thank you all for confirming that we will indeed be able to do so 🙂 For now I'm definitely looking into those vouchers, those look cool, and it looks like you can buy them for other people....if so I will see if I can send her one to get her back up!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jenndar, getting accounts access sorted out with the moderator team can take a couple of days given the backlog.  One thing you can do to get the service up and running again quickly is to buy a voucher and use 611 to apply it.  The quickest way to get a voucher is through online purchase.  Recharge has been used successfully by customers of this service.  These prices include taxes and so for some parts of the country, there might be a small savings.

https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jenndar.  Unfortunately, there are some issues in your explanation.  Creating a community account has absolutely nothing to do with having an active account.  The two are separate log-ins.  The only connection between the two is for community based rewards.  Also, not being able to add a credit card is not a side-effect/limitation due to an account being suspended.  Most likely, your mother in law simply needs to clear her browser cache, or use her browser in pricay/incognito mode.  That often resolves that type of problem.

If it can't be resolved, the only other avenue is to contact the moderators via private message and ask them to process the CC entry & payment for her.  Could take 24-48 hours until you get a response from moderators (for now).

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

She should still be able to log in her selfserve account, even with an inactive account.  Did she forget the password?  Also, community accounts are totally separate from selfserve accounts, so anyone should be able to set one up.

More importantly, how long has the PM account been inactive for?  If longer than 90 days, then the account is lost and she would need to get a new SIM card and start an entirely new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.