cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Voucher purchasing

bhoffo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm from overseas so my overseas issued Credit card won't work when trying to pay for a plan. (I already have a sim)  So I will now probably end up buying a voucher..  So my questions  are:

'Are vouchers only sold for certain amounts or can I buy the voucher and put on it however many dollars I want?' 

So if I want to buy a plan that it says costs $47 + tax how much should I get the voucher for? 

If I can only get a voucher for say $100 what happens to the unused portion of it?  (As I'm from overseas I will be returning home and not renewing the plan)

Annoying that I can't use any of my Credit cards or Paypal etc.

Thanks,

Bruce

6 REPLIES 6

Unless I'm totally mistaken @bhoffo actually needs to track down fixed amount vouchers.

I think real time vouchers don't work for plan activations because they need an account to be applied to.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The voucher thing is really hit and miss.  I tried purchasing a real time voucher for the very first time yesterday.  I went to a local Canadian Tire gas station which apparently only sells real time vouchers.  As it were, they sold fix value vouchers in amounts different than what has already been discussed in this thread.  Their biggest denomination is $48.  With a $1 "convenience fee" for each purchase, it sure is in their interest to keep the values as low as possible.  The marketing department and their gimmicky names for various cash grabs is so annoying.  

bhoffo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for those replies - it all helps.

Cheers

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

This is the version my local Canadian Tire store sells.

IMG_20180107_182528.jpg

And this is how I find them in two local 7-11 stores.

IMG_20171208_131236.jpg

My local Shoppers Drug Mart sells them in $28 or $43 denominations.

It's obviously YMMV - I'm on Vancouver Island, BC.

Tax is added at point of sale. So, say, you buy a $48 voucher in BC (adding 5%GST + 7%PST) you pay $53.76 to the merchant.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

check out 7-11 and shell stations and wow mobile shops and

Esso; Shopper's Drug Market; Canadian Tire Gas Bar; Shell; Hasty Market; Ultramar; Uniprix; WOW Mobile; Jean Coutu; Pharmaprix  (thanks for teh list  @Luddite )

the online voucher search might be hit and miss, it seems many retailers have no idea they sell PM vouchers.  On the two ocasions i asked,  and they have said no untill i asked them to check their machine.

If you do call  to check before going,   ask them to check their terminal ( i think it was their iteract one,  but might be a different one)  specifically for public mobile vouchers.

@bhoffo wrote:

'Are vouchers only sold for certain amounts or can I buy the voucher and put on it however many dollars I want?' 

So if I want to buy a plan that it says costs $47 + tax how much should I get the voucher for? 

If I can only get a voucher for say $100 what happens to the unused portion of it?  (As I'm from overseas I will be returning home and not renewing the plan)

If the plan is $47 + tax and you purchase a $100 voucher, the plan will automatically renew for another billing cycle and the service will continue to work for the remainder of that time, regardless of whether or not you need or want it.  You will not be refunded for any amount for any voucher purchase amount that you buy in excess of what you need.

Vouchers are avialble in demoniations of $10, $19, $25, $40, $45 and $60 (according to Jeremy's post here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Real-Time-Payment-Vouchers-are-here/td-... ).  In the case of your $47+tax plan, you would likely want to purcahse two $25 vouchers.  You then use the code on the voucher to add each $25 to your account.

If the retailer is selling "real time" vouchers, the person at the store will immediately add an amount of your choosing directly into your account.  You can have exactly that $47 added to your account to pay for the plan.

Applicable sales taxes need to be paid for at the time of voucher purchase and your final voucher purchase price will equal the face value of the vouchers plus taxes.

Need Help? Let's chat.