cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile testing VoLTE in south Alberta????

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looking thru my call history I noticed a name with [HD] behind the name.

Quick google search says that call was VoLTE .

Telus ie. Publicmobile testing the network???

Very interesting

3G shut down may be sooner than 2025.

🤞

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@farmbot wrote:

Very interesting

🤞

@farmbot , thanks for the heads up.  By chance can you post a screen cap of this VoLTE call history with any personal information redacted?  It seems rather odd that VoLTE calls would be uniquely labeled in a call history.  Are you able to see VoLTE indication on your phone to corroborate the call history?

There are different CODECs that are considered to be HD voice and Telus/Public does use at least one of them that does work on HSPA/3g.  As for a checking for a VoLTE icon, a screenshot of a in-progress phone call with a network an LTE network icon next to the signal meter would also do.  However, as you already know, the HD logo itself doesn't mean that a call is being carried on the LTE network.

I looked through my call history and the HD designation is there on some calls.  I have to say I did not even notice it until now because I was looking for it.  It is in calls made over a year ago.  So this has no connection with VoLTE.  

@will13am wrote:

@farmbot wrote:

Very interesting

🤞

@farmbot , thanks for the heads up.  By chance can you post a screen cap of this VoLTE call history with any personal information redacted?  It seems rather odd that VoLTE calls would be uniquely labeled in a call history.  Are you able to see VoLTE indication on your phone to corroborate the call history?

There are different CODECs that are considered to be HD voice and Telus/Public does use at least one of them that does work on HSPA/3g.  As for a checking for a VoLTE icon, a screenshot of a in-progress phone call with a network an LTE network icon next to the signal meter would also do.  However, as you already know, the HD logo itself doesn't mean that a call is being carried on the LTE network.

@farmbot wrote:

Very interesting

🤞

Unfortuanately, the most common results in a Google search reveal websites that have this (mis)information blatently wrong.  HD voice does not require VoLTE.  Telus/Public Mobile has had HD voice for some phone calls for several years.  

farmbot

Call was over bluetooth car system in urban setting

Did not handle the screen over duration of call

farmbot

farmbot_0-1677814497794.png

Darcy Nutrien [HD]

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@farmbot wrote:

Very interesting

🤞

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @farmbot   I hope so.

I saw post saying PM will have VoLTE this year.  let's hope it is true

Need Help? Let's chat.