cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion to exiting customers

captaincool
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think it will be nice if PM do a New Year Promotion to exiting customers since there are so many good plans were promo in the market.  How about a 1 time promo to only PM royalty customers who being around for 3+ years.  Something like $29 5G 10GB.  Most of those who is around long enough is stuck at $25 for 1G or $30 for 2G.  Please like if you think this would reward those Royalty Member!!!

19 REPLIES 19

HI @danhtran 

PM has sent targeted offer to select customers this week for $26-15GB.  Not everyone got it, but some tried to ask agent and see if they can help.  No harm to try.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437    

danhtran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been using the $25 package for quite a long time, I want you to give me a promotional package of 10G, 15G data. Thanks a lot

BlueCaro

It's like that everywhere. I was with Fido for years and asked for some loyalty rebate and they said no so here I am 😂

Global816

Thats a good idea. I agree to you and bravo for your post

I agree with what you have to say unfortunately, I was lucky because on black friday I was able to switch from $25 1G data  3g speed to $29 10GB data 4g speed!

spunz8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From another post I responded to…

Good luck!!

I just went through 3 customer service agents that said no.  This is even as I have 5 accounts here!  They value new customers more than they do loyal customers. NICE!!!  What marketing person thought up this gem!!  Piss off your current loyal customer to maybe get a new customer.  Marketing 101 is keep your base.  I guess they missed that course!!.

This should not only be shocking to existing customers but new customers beware as once here they’re not interested in keeping you!

Now got to figure out how to port out 5 numbers which I’m reading it’s a nightmare!! 

Thinking I’m gonna have to get the CRTC involved so I don’t have any glitches.

Mbt11

I don't see any boxing week plans for existing customers.  What I thought looked like it might be for existing customers when I clicked on the plan,  it actually then said it was  for new activations only.  When I sign into my account there are only 2 plans I have the option to change to, which are  lower then what I already have.  I presently have the $34 for 40 G.  I can't upgrade to a more expensive plan if i want to.....I can downgrade to the $15 or $25 plan though.  I guess retention is not that important.  Sooooo, maybe PM do want to lose their 'loyal' customers who have been here for years with their reward $....makes some kinda 'cents'

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great idea. I understand that they don't want to get less revenue, but any increase from a lower to higher plan should be allowed.  If you make that whatever plan you have as of Jan 1st (or Dec 1st for that matter), you're allowed a higher changes it would address issues with people trying to game the system and only allow upgrades in plan not downgrades.

Canoehead

My impression is that Public Mobile is trying to eliminate the legacy bonus plan users.  Encouraging existing customers to leave and then (hopefully) return as new customers on new plans.

Otherwise, public mobile would allow existing customers to sign up for any available plans that result in an increase in revenues.  

My recommendation for Public Mobile is to bring back a $29 plan.  Any increase in revenue is better then none.

Esskp

Was asking for them to do that for my other line and was told no 

XFan

looks like that they are processing private requests on a case-by-case basis. While not sure what criteria they are using to make their decisions on the requests, it does feel like that certain requests from existing customers are granted -- so it is worth your while to send a private message to the CS agent. 

JenCanada

I agree

XFan

sent in my request for some considerations for the existing customers in the New Year. Hoping for the best outcome! 

Esskp

This is the one I have and I only been a customer since September I got the black Friday promotion and I agree with what u are saying 🙂

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@captaincool a legacy account over 3 years (without any referrals and auto top up) will have about a $5/month discount. If any referrals the monthly discount will be much higher.

Now look at all the boxing week offers for new activations right now...$24, $29 and $34.

Now imagine that 3 year old legacy customer is allowed to grab the $24 plan...this now becomes $19, or even less if they had referrals.

Now look at the boxing week plans available for existing customers... $40 or $50 with 75GB or 100GB of 5G data respectively.  That 3 year old legacy customer is looking at $35/month (or less depending on how many referrals) for 75GB.

So you can see that this effectively upsells the legacy crowd with some pretty decent deals after the discounts and PM now finally gets a profitable account.

Most people "stuck" on the $25 for 1GB are paying waaay less per month than $25 with all of the legacy discounts.  

I agree that would be nice as a legacy account holder to have some of these new promos and more data, but it seems to me that PM wants to weed out the old unprofitable accounts. So you either stay put and deal with it, or pay more for a super data packed plan which you won't use the data, or you have to jump ship.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We can dream, but public mobile will just be public mobile, and limit enticing plans to new activations only. 😞 

PMG

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-customers-vs-existing-customers-offer...

send CSA's a nice message re this. I'm told they will forward that info to their marketing team. Was also told by CSA to "keep checking the website" as new offers for existing customers may be available soon...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @captaincool 

love your idea.  but we are all just customers like you and cannot do much.  you need to get your voice heard by the right people.    please submit a ticket with CS Agent here and ask them to push to senior to review your idea
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.