cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in the future

cnasato
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm looking to switch to the speical promo, hopefully picking up my sim card tomorrow. I had a question regarding porting at a future date.

I am currenlty with telus, the account has three numbers. I want to port one of these numbers to the new public mobile plan I get. However, my plan with Telus does not end until mid December. If I buy a PM sim now, do I have to port in the Telus number right away, or can I wait and have a temporary number until my Telus plan ends?

Additional note for anyone that has the knowledge. If i port out only one number from my telus account, will it cancel the rest of the numbers?

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No your telus account will not cancel if one number ports out. And yes, you can port out later. Just activate a number from pm before this deals over. I'm also running two numbers right now for about a month cause I still got referral credits I'm still using over on my koodo plan. I sure hope they don't offer this plan again for a while or I'll kick myself for not waiting. 

cnasato

I will definitely phone Telus to make sure, thanks for your quick response @JaK

cnasato

Thanks @Kaiyo, I didn't even think about the email thing even though I heard about the porting problems. I will definitely change the email.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @cnasato;

Yes you can set up a temp number and port anytime after, (in fact that is the preferred way to do it right now). No, porting out 1 number from your Telus account should not effect the other numbers (but you can check w/ Telus to be sure).

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can port at any time. The other numbers will not be cancelled. 

Make sure you have different emails between Telus (change the email there) and PM as having the same email will most likely have a failed port (partial port) 

Need Help? Let's chat.