cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting completion help

Char21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my sim and created an account last night.  I got a text this morning saying that in order to complete my activation I needed to go to publicmobile.ca, click on 'contact us', and select 'sim'.  I've done this and sent a message to PM.

I thought everything was good last night, but when that text came this morning I tested my service and now realize that I only have outgoing service but no incoming.   Is this normal?  Will my account be properly activated soon?

4 REPLIES 4

Rebooting your phone or factory resetting it is not going to fix this issue. Public Mobile has already sent you a text message telling that the port has failed.  This means likely means that the verification info provided to the old carier was rejected as being incorrect.  The porting request will have to resubmit was corrected information before it will go through. 

Char21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes I tried that.  Still can't receive calls.

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try turning your phone off for 30 seconds and then back on. It may just need a reset. GL.

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like your port is just not complete yet. It might just take some more time, but if you have allready PM'd a mod, they should be on here to reply after 9am EST and help you out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.