cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number problem, looking for reassurance (6UC1 and variant errors)

Salmonlips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined up with PM this weekend, like a likely influx of people.  I came from PC Mobile.

I initiated a number port from the web form and it reported back with "success".  I also had contacted the mods with all the same information just in case. (no reply btw)

20 hours later, nothing.  It's ok, i've heard sometimes it takes a while.  But i sent a message to the mod team again just to see if they could see anything else.

Finally got a reply stating that they couldn't complete the port because my account was now inactive (with pc mobile) so i need to get it activated.

Test with sim, of course it's down.  Call my number get 6UC1 the number you have dialed is not in service.

So it's down.  I call PC Mobile who tell me that my account is inactive because a port was requested by 'TELUS' and so it looked fine on their side and Telus just has to finish it up.

Sent that information to mod team but haven't received a reply in 14 hours. 

I understand they're busy.  I'm just getting nervous that my phone number may be on some time limit or may be released and gone even??  I dont know what happens when numbers go into limbo so I'm kind of nervous.  I've had this number for 10 years and it's tied into all facets of my personal life and professional life so it would be nice to not have to go and change this on work, banks, ccs, gov, medical, therapists... everyone.

Any internet hugs and calming words would be appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

Salmonlips

great news i got a reply back they looked into it and we're all in business now, my number has been ported i can call and make calls and what not!

thanks everyone!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Salmonlips

I did the 2 steps proting a few days ago.  I put PM SIM in my backup phone.  The following is what happened during the porting process:

1. Test the PM SIM and confiremed working.  Call and send text to the Cityfone SIM phone. Did you tested the PM SIM and confiremed working?

2.  After confirming the PC SIM was working including the browsing using Chrome, Iinitiated porting the Cityfone number to my PM SIM.  I received PM "suscess" message.  When I called my home number, The Cityphone number was on home phone caller ID. I can still called out using the Cityfone SIM before fully ported to PM.

3.  After 30 minutes, the Cityfone SIM was dead and my number was fully ported to PM SIM.

Since you get the "success" status from PM, can you call out from PM SIM?

If yes, you will not lost your phone number - justa matter of time to complete the port.

Did you get the PC Mobile number from PC Mobile?

If yes, phone company keeps the cancel number for 90 days before puting back the cancelled number for circulation again.  You number will be safe at PC Mobile.

If you ported your number fto PC Mobile 10 years ago, your number will be backed to the original phone company.  It will be very hard to get it back after it was cancelled.

Salmonlips

Because I know everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats i"ll udpate as soon as i know what's going on Man Very Happy

So you do have calling services working with the temp number - that's good news.  Hopefully, as I said before, it gets corrected soon.

Salmonlips

Thanks to both who have replied!

I signed up, got the temp number and then initiated the port.  THe guy at walmart tried to start the port but it said if you're on PC Mobile... contact us instead.

So i still have a temp number, but my "real" number is sitting in limbo if i'm to understand.

I haven't bombarded the mods with messages because i figured it's a ticket based system (FIFO) so i'm just sitting here refreshing nonstop.

It's at times like this when talking to someone vs waiting is nicer, but I figure I'm experiencing fairly fringe issues, usually I"d never need to talk to support again.

Basically as long as i haven't lost that number yet and it's just waiting for a little extra steps.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you do the two-step process when you signed up?

1) Sign up and activate a brand new number with Public Mobile.

2) Once that's all done, then port your number from PC Mobile.

I believe that's recommended for Koodo/PC Mobile, for technical reasons that are beyond me.

If you ported your number while you signed up, all in one step, that may be part of the reason for the delay - if so, might be worth mentioning that to the Moderators, in case it helps them troubleshoot.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Your number should still be retrievable, as it's sitting between ports.  Unfortunately, as you've discovered, the moderator's are in a backlog, and messages are responded to in a first-in, first-out manner.  Sending more messages will not help.

You'll need to be patient.  If I recall correctly, the PC Mobile prepaid was a service of Koodo/Public Mobile/Telus anyways, and probably should have been ported in after a new number was assigned for your device temporarily.

Hopefully, you'll not be waiting much longer.

Need Help? Let's chat.