cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port issues and can't see ticket

JonnyVee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

Like many folks, I just ported in yesterday and been having text/SMS issues as well as caller id not working.  Calls, data and voicemail work.

I've restarted my phone (S22) many times and also tried resetting network settings.  I've cleared the cache of the (google) Messaging app as well as toggling rcs support (stuck at verifying number).  Not sure what else to try at this point. 

I've opened a ticket earlier this morning but I don't know where to find it to see any updates.  I'm also hoping that support isn't trying to text me for obvious reasons. I've looked up private messages in community but haven't seen anything there.

I just wanted to make sure that's where to look since the only other email I got was a generic one about porting.  All that stuff was done (text YES to old provider, activate eSim...) since I get phone calls on data on PM network. 

Thanks all for any help.

6 REPLIES 6

@JonnyVee thsnk you for the update.  This is great news 👏.

JonnyVee

Just wanted to close the loop on this so others may benefit.  I opened the ticket at 7:12 in the morning and got contacted by support around 2:53 in the afternoon.  After verifications and confirming that phone and data had been ported, they did a network settings reset on their end for my account.  After that, SMS started working.

I still had issues with RCS text messages not working in Google Messages (status is stuck verifying) but that  required some combination of:

• Google Account Settings -> Personal Info -> Phone Number and play around with verification settings
  • Force stopping Google Messages, clearing storage & cache (backing up data first, obviously)
  • Waiting some time (about a half-hour in my case) and turning wifi off
  • Prayer and human sacrifice.

Eventually RCS started working again.  Unfortunately, I couldn't use any existing RCS group chat so I generated new ones with the same recipients.

Thanks everyone for all your  help.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@JonnyVee   To access your community inbox you would tap on the envelope icon top right of this page, but if there is no envelope icon then tap your avatar for a drop down menu with Messages.  The envelope icon if you have one will indicate a reply but the avatar doesn't until you tap it and look at Messages.

I'm sure they appreciate your patience 😌.  This has been going on for about one month now with no news of a fix yet. They are doing them on a case by case basis. 

Some people say they were good to go after four hours of their request being submitted, to others says a full day, up to three days. So I couldn't say for sure for you.... hopefully yours will be up and texting soon🤞

JonnyVee

Ok, thanks for the quick reply and confirmation.  The activation/porting was late last night and since some of the documentation said up to 5 hours, I waited till this morning to try again and submit a ticket.

Now having read the announcement and seeing they're resolving them one at a time, is there an estimated or average time it's taking per case?

Having worked help desk and tech support, this is pretty much a nightmare scenario for the poor support agents.  I wish them the best of luck and lots of patience.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@JonnyVee sorry about your troubles. They will not text you no. Once you create your ticket just have to watch your mailbox as you said. If it was just today, might be awhile yet😒.

Need Help? Let's chat.