cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone # ported from old Carrier 2 days ago, but no new number yet on PM

mparobek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just wanted to ask if any of you have had this issue and what you possibly did to solve it. 

When I purchased my PM SIM and activated it, I tried porting my number from Fido to PM, but it didn't work. Then I sent in a support ticket, and messaged a mod about the issue. 

Now since Friday December 2, my number has dissapeared from my Fido acount, and I called to make sure, and they confirmed that number has been ported out. 

It's now December 4, and it still has not gone through on PM's side, 2 days later. Is this normal? From what I read it shouldn't take more than a couple hours. Could this be another issue, or do I just need to keep waiting, since it might be taking a while because of all the new customers on PM due to the promotion? I'm going to need my new number soon for work purposes.

Also, will I know when the port is complete, through some kind of text or something?

Thanks for any help 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very lame! 

Another example of Piss-Poor customer service from this company and bait and switch tactics.

This isn't support, this is crap.

I feel for you.

mparobek

@Luddite My Fido SIM doesn't work, and stopped working on Dec. 2, same day that my number was exported from the Fido account. 

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Luddite: Several More Days?

If he starts now he is looking at 12+ days still.

NOW HERE IS YOUR XMAS PRESENT FROM PUBLIC MOBILE.

NO PHONE FOR XMAS!!! THANKS PM YOU ARE THE BEST!

@mparobek Try your Fido SIM; if it works the port-in has not finished. It's ages since I transferred a number and I don't remember if you get a text message comfirming completion.

In any case, your port-in should be finished. 

You are already in the queue if you followed this procedure: Contact moderators. The backlog is such that it may be several more days before you have a response. Suggest you create a way to cope with that delay. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mparobek

When I ported the first time when I received the SIM (which was Nov 18-20), nothing happened. My Fido number was still active. I waited some time but I sent in a ticket and sent a mod a message probably a week after that. 

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you ported, what exactly happened that made you think it didn't work? 

Need Help? Let's chat.