cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for my plan ; Lost my data ?

Gab_RB26DETT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all, I was away for 2 months and just paid for my plan. I only have 1GB but that's fine by me. Yesterday I was using my phone on my way back from the airport and it worked fine. 

Today, I changed my phone to a different unlocked phone, so I put the SIM card in, it detects Public Mobile, no problems, however, my data isn't working. I checked my APN settings, everything is there. 

However, I went to my account on Public Mobile, and now it says that I have no add-ons, no data, nothing at all. 

Since it seems like there isn't any customer service to call, could any employee please look into it ? 

Here's the problem, in "My Plan" everything is there, but in "Overview", it's empty. 

a.png

Take a look at this though :

b.png

I currently have no data on my phone, could this be a problem on Public Mobile's side ?

Thank you, any help would be appreciated

16 REPLIES 16

@Gab_RB26DETT wrote:

Luddite I turned it off, but the thing is, I do not even have one byte of data used, because no data has reached this phone yet.

Then it's back to patience, or buying a data add-on. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gab_RB26DETT

@Luddite I turned it off, but the thing is, I do not even have one byte of data used, because no data has reached this phone yet.

@Gab_RB26DETT Go to Settings >> Cellular: scroll down and look at Wi-Fi Assist. If ON turn OFF; that function will allow background cellular data usage even if connected to wifi.

While you are there be sure all the apps turned ON do reflect those you wish to use cellular data. It's also wise to turn Background App refresh/update OFF.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gab_RB26DETT

@krazykiwi

Unfortunately, no luck, it seems like it says the same thing, my plan is there, in "my plan" but not in "overview".

Thank you for your time !

@Gab_RB26DETT wrote:

@Dunkman

Hey, thank you for the response. If by tonight at 9:30pm -ish I have no response, I'll try this method as last resort effort. 

I just messaged them about it, hoping to hear back.

Thanks again

No need to consider the lost/stolen feature as a last resort. I have received confirmation that this in no way can lead to you getting your phone blacklisted. This is a perfectly safe and quite effective way of resetting your account and getting things working properly!

EDIT: Try it ASAP and save yourself some grief if that fixes it.

Gab_RB26DETT

@Dunkman

Hey, thank you for the response. If by tonight at 9:30pm -ish I have no response, I'll try this method as last resort effort. 

I just messaged them about it, hoping to hear back.

Thanks again

Gab_RB26DETT

@CS_Agent

Hi, here's my problem, yesterday, I came back to Canada and my phone worked flawlessly after paying for it on October 21st. Today, my data wasn't working so I went to see on Self Serve.

Then I noticed that even though my plan is seen here : 

a.png

That it isn't seen here :

b.png

Therefore, my Data isn't working at all, whatsoever. I have an iPhone 6, so I tried in my old iPhone 5, and it still isn't working. 

I checked to see if I somehow had no more data, and I actually only used 11mb out of 1024. 

c.png

What would be the reason why my data is now no longer working ? I tried everything but without luck. Any clues ? 

I will need data tomorrow, and I hope I could get it fixed by tonight.

Thank you all very much.

-Gabriel

@Gab_RB26DETT

One possible trick that you can try to see whether it resets your SIM card/ account.  In your self service account, report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Log back in a few minutes.  Report your phone found.  Sometimes that re-activates your plan. 

In your screen shot, I did notice that you also had a roaming add on 250 MB.  Were you using a 10 day US data plan recently?  That might be messing up the system also....

If the trick does not work, you probably need to contact moderator to get the account issue resolved.  But, the wait times are 2-3 days.  

Send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(include your phone number, account number and PIN)

Gab_RB26DETT

@Moderator_Team Is there something you guys could do ?

Gab_RB26DETT

@GreatCanadian

Both old phone and new phone are iPhones. Data and LTE turned on with the correct APN settings. 

I just tried in my old phone, no data as well, so definitely a problem on their side.

Gab_RB26DETT

@Dunkman 

It still doesn't work in my old phone, yet it worked 24 hours ago, I even saw it on the website that my 1GB was there, it is no longer there. So definitely a problem on their side.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First of all  is cellular data turned on? Also check to see if you have your data set to cut off at a certain limit (if it's an android phone). 

GC 

@Gab_RB26DETT

Can you put the SIM card into the original phone that you used yesterday?  Does it work with the other phone?  Trying to figure out if it is a Public mobile service issues versus hardware problem/setting issue.

Gab_RB26DETT

@Dunkgirl

Here's my history, 11MB used. Which is why I am confused. Usually even when I used up all my data, it will tell me what my plan and addons are.

c.png

Gab_RB26DETT

@Dunkgirl

I paid for my plan on October 21st, I arrived in Canada on the 24th. I used my phone to go on Facebook Messenger and tell my girlfriend that I landed. Then opened Google Maps to check bus schedules. I checked on my previous phone, for that +/- 2 hours period, I used less than 20 megabytes, I did not send any photos, videos, let alone use any apps that consume data in large quantities.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gab_RB26DETT

99.999% unless its a glitch, you have used up all your data. The system is designed this way  when all your data in the plan is used up it goes away instead of saying 100% used. But since its still in your "plan details" it means it shoudln't be a glitch

Go into your self serve account and look into your history and you can check your daily usage to add up. But when this happens it means your data plan for this period is gone (used up)

Need Help? Let's chat.