cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old to new rewards - loyalty data

Brettster991
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I just got out on the new rewards program today. I been watching this very closely and filed a complaint with the CCTS and they have accepted my complaint.

I read that people for the loyalty were going to get 240GB of data that expires after 150 days. I did not get that. I got 5 GB ONLY. This is before they added the term where lowering your plan to lesser value = forfeit. 

I just sent an another ticket to Public mobile. But honestly, it doesn’t matter if they give it or not I’m leaving after this month no matter what they do. I’m also submitting a second CCTS complaint based on extortion / Blackmail. Honestly if I didn’t need my number for 2FA etc I would be literally going without a phone number and just use wifi calling so I don’t support these greedy Canadian screwing companies. 

anyways this will probably either be my last or 2nd last post here so, to all the people I met over the years thank you ( you all know who you are as my former handle was brettster99) 

Godspeed 

6 REPLIES 6

Brettster991

It’s been accepted and PM but in an objections and the CCTS objected to there objection and accepted it. Now it’s in limbo waiting for a case manger to come across. (They apparently received A LOT OF COMPLAINTS) and I see in one of there annoted guides on there website that they included this exact situation with PM into the In scope part. Laughing out loud 

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brettster991  Please come back to let us know The results of your CCTS complaints. Best of luck to you in the future.

@Brettster991   It seems like there will be quite a few former PM customers ending up at one of those carriers, however, probably not enough for PM (Telus) to care..

Brettster991

I was on the $34 dollar plan but only received 5GB. Honestly I’m so done with PM. Even the message I received from the CS agent was crap. I’m going to fizz or freedom or chartr. Never thought I would put public mobile into the BELL camp (meaning they are the ANTI-CHRIST WORST OF THE WORST COMPANIES. I rather have supply chain slave labour vs this bs) 

Right on @dabr   Weasley and underhanded to remove the loyalty transition bonus without earning. I'm sure many low end customers will depart once their points and available funds have been used. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Brettster991   The amount of bonus data you would have received was dependent upon what plan you had at the time when it was added to your account.  I believe $15/25 plans received 5GB (can confirm for $15) and $25+ plans received 30GB, and finally $34+ plans received 250 GB. 

There was also the ever so thoughtful clause of losing this bonus data should anyone downgrade their plan.  From what I've read, others were successful in appealing the loss of this bonus after downgrading (might have included an appeal to CCTS) and PM had to restore that bonus.  So you might have success by requesting your data be restored if that's the case for you.

On your other points, yes PM is a much different carrier than when I first signed up here about 6 years ago.  Having said that, I'll admit they have really decent plans for those willing to pay $29+ and their recent addition of $19/1GB almost makes up for the loss of legacy rewards for those on the discontinued $25 plan.  However, for anyone on $15 plan, it's a pretty much 100% price increase after losing the legacy rewards along with the elimination of non expiring data add-on too.

The way this was rolled out, especially with the removal of the 1 point/month of service with PM being removed one day before the official announcement of retirement of the legacy rewards, is very disappointing and feels underhanded, along with the final insult of giving customers large buckets of expiring data.

I'm also very likely to port out two lines before end of the year but will wind down some credits and data/int. mins first as much as possible first.  For now there are cheaper options for those of us who are light users and are in the right service areas at least.

I guess it was a good run but all good things come to an end, unfortunately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.