cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service or bars after activation and pay

crawn1ck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my SIM last night for the $40 plan, put the SIM in my unlocked phone and it doesn't work. There are no bars, it says "no service". Can anyone explain why this isn't working. This is a bit ridiculous after paying for three months in advance.

36 REPLIES 36

crawn1ck

It's already on Public Mobile. 

crawn1ck

Oh right. I never forget passwords so I should be good haha

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you try reselecting the service provider, settings > wireless > more >  mobile networks > service providers

noid

mangler

You self-serve password. The "forgot your password" feature basically does not work. So if you get locked out, you have to get the mods to unlock your account.

crawn1ck

Those are the same settings I used. I got an email today basically saying "sorry" and that they've sent out a new SIM.

Which password are you referring to?

mangler

My current (working) APN is sp.mb.com

Yeah it's a lot of work. Whatever you do, do not forget your password!

All I can say is that when it finally works, it's hands off from that point.h

crawn1ck

What APN settings did you use?

I don't have another unlocked phone but I can try that. Seems like A LOT of work for little payoff.

mangler

I see you are lucky enough to have a removable battery. I would do (another) hard reset with a battery pull. I swear my service started working after multiple hard reboots and sim card pulls. And manual APN entries.

In my case it was just a phone change, and it took a while to "take".

PS Just dug up my previous issue mail trail. In my case, I had data with the new sim (changed sims because of a phone change), but no voice service at all. In the end I fixed it by putting my new sim in my old phone. The old phone prompted me for a missing voice mail number? After I completed the voice mail setup on the old phone, I switched back to my new Nexus 6 and everything worked fine. If you have another phone laying around might be worth a try.

crawn1ck

Haha trust me man, as I told Jeremy the MOD, it's not the phone. 100% not the phone. I'm very good with technology.

I didn't port the number, I took one of the numbers they offered. That's whats bothering. This company can't get their **bleep** together. They promote their "amazing" deals, but don't actually provide the necessary coverage or support for those deals.

mangler

Quick search seems to indicate this is a common issue.

If you believe in averages, looks like 9/10 times it was a botched port issue. Can't recall if you ported, but if you did might make sense to contact your former provided to see if they received a porting request from PM, and the status.

One guys had "do not disturb" on his phone set to auto, which rejected all incoming. Long shot, but since you're waiting anyway...Some phones have this feature buried in the bowels of multiple menus.

crawn1ck

I tried that Jeremy. The outgoing calls are fine, it's the incoming calls and the texting. I am very technically inclined so trust me when I say I have tried everything. It is not the phone, but your network. This needs to get fixed IMMEDIATELY.

omarahmed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @Jeremy_M, I cant make any incoming calls since I ported my number can you please help me. I understand there is a long delay but it has been three days already.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @crawn1ck,

Can you power-cycle your device, and try placing a call, please?

Jeremy

crawn1ck

Yeah, no dice

mangler

Did you try switching to 3G? Just temporarily?

crawn1ck

Weird thing is, when I text my own Oublic number from the phone, it works. So I can receive texts from myself Smiley Tongue

crawn1ck

Didn't work.....

crawn1ck

If this works I owe you a beer. I'll let you know very soon.

mangler

This is going to sound like IT support BS, but I had very similar issues when I changed my phone(partial service), and I solved it by doing the following:

Turned phone off, removed sim. Turned phone back on without sim. wait to make sure it sees the no sim option. Turn phone back off. Re insert sim. Turn phone back on.

Worth a try while you wait for the mods to get back to you.

crawn1ck

I dopn't understand how this issue hasn't been resolved yet....how difficult can it be to make incoming calls work if outgoing calls work.???

crawn1ck

No No no no  no no no no no no.....everything is NOT working. I can make outgoing calls, but when someone tries to call me, it says "are you sure the number you are calling exists". I cannot send or receive texts either, just make outgoing calls. The data seems to work as well. This needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Nicholas,

This one is showing as resolved and I see you have usage now.

Is everything working?

crawn1ck

I did both of those already.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@crawn1ck I think the SIM card isn't provisioned properlyif you can see the plan details on your account.  

You should verify the last 4 digits of your SIM card with what shows on your account page in "Plan and Addons" -> change sim card.  If it's different, then there was a typo somewhere when activating.

crawn1ck

Yes, I have used it on the Telus netowrk (funny enough) and it worked fine. Since you are now partnered with Telus, I wouldn't think there would be any issues.

hummuschips

Unfortunately youll have to send a message to a mod.  I wanted to rule out the possibility of a phone issue but I think both should be okay especiallyt he BLU.  I'm not 100% about the Huawei phone, crawn1ck have you used that phone on one of the other networks in Canada before?

In either case, you should both follow the steps below to contact someone.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

crawn1ck

Apologies, Y635-L02. One digit off.

akravator

hummuschips

@crawn1ck are you sure the model number is Y636-L02 ?  I tried searching that model and can't find it anywhere online.  

@akravator what phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.