cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection in the US

OnSale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All! I have an iPhone 12 Pro with a Canada US 75gb plan that works in the US but no Internet. It seems to connect for 1 second and then stops connecting in a constant loop. I could never connect properly plus the GPS for driving doesn’t work. I see the carrier and has full bars with 5g indicator. What is wrong and how do I fix this? Thanks 

21 REPLIES 21

DAAMan

So switching to lte and t mobile did the trick today - also have VoLTE on for talking so as far as I’m concerned you guys are very helpful and in the end support gave me the same information just took longer (which is fine). Cheers

DAAMan

I’m here all month so I need to keep working on this but it was always AT&T so tomorrow I can try T mobile 

OnSale

I will try it out, I just got back from the US

so I will update you later. Thanks again 

Switch the green button until it's Grey or dark. No longer green for automatic and LTE  voice and data.

@OnSale toggle it odd to go for manual connection. Try connect both AT&T and T-Mobile and see which one works better.  Remember to leave the network mode with 4G/LTE (Change the Voice Data option from 5G Auto to LTE)

OnSale

This is what I get 

OnSale_0-1712630317559.png

OnSale

I didn’t try T mobile. I don’t know if I can change it? At one point I was trying and it seemed to freeze when I tried to select the carrier.

DAAMan

Was dropping on both 5g and lte but guess it’s worth a shot 

OnSale

it did the same thing with LTE
OnSale_2-1712630050949.png

@OnSale set to LTE

and try both T-Mobile and AT&T

OnSale

This is my opinions

OnSale_0-1712629796343.png

Ok you might have to stick to 2g.

DAAMan

Yes same here and it worked fine the first day - this second day had nothing but trouble - connects only if full bars and disconnects fast

OnSale

I tried it several times but no luck 

@DAAMan it might say LTE instead of 4G.  LTE=4G

OnSale

Where on the phone do you charge it to 4g?

Might have to restart phone.

DAAMan

There ain’t no 4 g option - it’s lte and 3 g - I will wait and see what else could work

OnSale

I was connected to AT&T because I could see it and the calls seemed to work. I don’t know if I could select 4g on the iPhone but I did get LTE sometimes.

DAAMan

Got the same phone and problem right now - will try the 4g trick I see there but seems kind of a work around

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Turn off 5g. Connect manually. If possible, put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   

If calls don't work, put your phone to 2G and connect to T-Mobile.  Turn on data roaming.

Need Help? Let's chat.