cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on nesus 4

bwolf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have check the apn and it is fine I used to be on virgins , I received a new number when I enrolled here . I have reset the phone and double checked  the pan. Still no data. Able to receive and make calls  any ideas. And my apologies if  I posted in the wrong  place.

13 REPLIES 13

I have tried the Nexus 4 on Public Mobile before.  The APN settings will be set incorrectly out-of-the box/after a factory reset.

About a year ago, here's what I wrote:

With stock firmware/rom on a Nexus 4, data will not work in out-of-the-box state. You need to set the access point manually.

On the Nexus 4, it will shows access points for Koodo, PC Mobile, and Telus.  From what I see, the PC Mobile setting should work because the sp.mb.com setting is the same, but it doesn't actually work even after trying to activate it using the selection radio button.  If you delete all 3 of the preprogrammed access points, and then add a new one with the sp.mb.com setting, it starts working.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/LG-Nexus-4-no-data/m-p/99592#M18729

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ah shoot, ok.

I see you've contacted the mods already so that's good, they will make sure all is well on their end then and fix any issues there.

bwolf

It actually put in the one for PM

koimr1

Ok, I know you checked the APN but is it exactly what is listed for PM? I know with my phones I have to add one explicitly because the SIM puts in ones for Telus and Koodo which don't work correctly.

PM APN

bwolf

Already checked that and did the modification. Should be working from what I read and saw. Got me baffled. 

bwolf

Account info says I have data  4  + 2 gig

koimr1

Hi @bwolf!

Welcome to PM!

Just going from memory.... do you have "LTE-only" specified in your settings? I ask because I seem to recall the 4 not supporting LTE out of the box and requiring some fiddling to make it work with LTE, and even then I think it would get just one band (4?)

So see if you can set to "3G" and check if data works then.

Do you remember if you had LTE with Virgin?

@bwolfwrote:

Data is on and I don't think I used my 6 gig of data since signing up yesterday

Login to your self-serve account and make sure data is available to use. 

bwolf

Data is on and I don't think I used my 6 gig of data since signing up yesterday

bwolf

Thanks I sent them a message about it, at least I can make and receive calls.

bwolf

Voice is working good just no data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bwolf, is it just the data function that is not working?  Do other features like calling work?  I am trying to rule out general account failures and related issues.  Anyway, if the APN is correct, then the other things I can think of to check are that data is enabled, data usage limits (if set) have not been reached.

NemoPM

Hey @bwolf 
I am pretty sure at this point something is up with their network. I have a similar issue, and if you scroll on the forum it seems others are having voice related issues too. PM @CS_Agent and they can help you. That is what I have been told any ways, still waiting to hear back from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.