cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Black Friday Canada-US plans with Public?

LMelchi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make a post to see what everyones thoughts were on Public not coming out with a Canada-US plan for Black Friday. I noticed that they have a $45/month plan ($40/month 90 day sub) only available in QC. Additionally, other providers such as Koodo, Telus, Rogers have all released a plan anywhere between $45-50 for 50-60GB. For those who want a CAN-US plan with Public have to go with the $65/month 60GB, which I find to be expensive considering all of the other companies coming out with better deals.

I am hoping that if many of us have the same thoughts on this subject, then Public will consider releasing a CAN-US plan that is similar to the ones offered by other companies.

12 REPLIES 12

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Andy85 wrote:

@Jon14 I think the lower rates in Quebec is due to having 4 major competitors in the cellphone market. Bell, Rogers, Telus and Videotron. (Along with all their sub companies). Videotron really helped to drive down prices for Quebecers. The more competition that is in the market, the more it will drive down prices. Thankfully, I live in Quebec hehehe!

Sure, but Videotron mobile is available to me, I can also get Fizz, but PM doesn't match their offers nor Freedom's.

People outside QC can get the PM Canada-US QC plan pricing (not the 90-day discounted one) but it requires changing carriers. Clearly PM is betting we won't. And they're probably right. 🙂

For the price of the ON Canada-US plan, you can change carriers and get the same deal and roaming in 73 countries. Again I'm sure PM knows what they're doing.

Jon14

Way to rub it in 😉

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jon14 I think the lower rates in Quebec is due to having 4 major competitors in the cellphone market. Bell, Rogers, Telus and Videotron. (Along with all their sub companies). Videotron really helped to drive down prices for Quebecers. The more competition that is in the market, the more it will drive down prices. Thankfully, I live in Quebec hehehe!

That seems to be only available to new accounts. You can't change to it. You can try making a new account and let us all know if it works.

Jon14

I really hope public creates matching plan in Ontario. It really sucks that only QC gets those great deals. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@mzeee You didn't find that link on a live PM webpage. The deal does not exist outside of Quebec. Select ON as your location on the plans page to see the live offers available to you there.

mzeee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This deal exists, but I'm unable to switch to it 😞

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed8

RSP93
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've been watching the website like a hawk hoping they would open up the can/us plans to the rest of Canada. Doesn't look like it's going to happen. I really like Public mobile but will port out if a better deal shows up.

parlaminty

I agree with @LMelchi . Other providers are focusing on US plans as well with full 5G speeds for cheaper prices. Lots of posts on redflagdeals hot deals forums highlighting the various promos.

Even promo domestic plans by others are now outshining Public’s plans

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@LMelchi Lots of people want the Can-US plan offered in Quebec. Not available so far today. My fingers are crossed everytime I refresh the plans page.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LMelchi 

sorry, it is what it is.  You can only with the deals on your province 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @LMelchi,

Yes, I've noticed that this year's BF deals are focused on domestic plans offering more data at competitive prices but the US market was omitted. You can't have it all but it would be nice if a little promotion was made in that area. I'm not losing hope on Cyber Monday haha! 

Need Help? Let's chat.