cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM with prepaid plan purchased at Telus retailer

Senab25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to a Telus retailer to get a SIM card.  He gave that to me and then also asked if I'd like to purchase the $25 prepaid plan to go with my SIM.  I was not importing a new number - I am starting from scratch.

When I go online to activate my new SIM card, it will still ask me to select the plan I want and then purchase my plan as part of the activation - but I already purchased my plan so how do I indicate that?  It seems I can't activate the SIM card without Repurchasing the plan I just bought in store.  The receipt I was given has a PIN that's about 12 digits long.

Just looking for some help on how I can activate this new SIM card without having to pay for my plan twice.

2 REPLIES 2

@Senab25 

Since customer support help will take time, another option is to activate your SIM card online using credit card and use the payment voucher for next month's fee.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Senab25 

What I would like to say to that employee!! They sold you a voucher which technically you can no longer use to activate an account/Sim card. Public mobile now requires a credit or credit/debit card to activate. However in this instance you can contact customer support and they will help set up your account so that you can then add the voucher and choose a plan.

Customer support is closed for the day so you will have to wait til morning to activate but you can submit a support request tonight by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking on SIMon to submit a support ticket.

Edit:

If SIMon gives you a hard time then send a private message and include a detailed message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA.

BTW....unsolicited referral  codes are against the terms of service and should not be used rather should be reported. If you need a referral code you may private message any member of your choosing and ask them to be your friend...lol...and ask for their referral code as they will be happy to oblige.

Need Help? Let's chat.