cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plans

clhargreaves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up in Jan 2022 and love everything about Public Mobile so far.  My plan is unlimited text and call to Canada and the US, with 10GB data plus 2 GB for signing up online (with a $2 credit on my bill for signing up online).  My aunt is joining at the end of August when she retires.  She tells me that the is no plan like mine anymore that is unlimited text and call to the US.  Why would Public Mobile remove this plan?  This plan set Public Mobile ahead of everyone else!  My 2 boys will be join in Dec of this year when their Freedom contract ends.  Now my aunt is looking at Lucky Mobile as they have an all in plan for Canada and the US.  Yes I realize that Public Mobile has a 1000 minute add on for $15, but that is no where the same.  Why remove this plan?  I will now loose 3 referrals.  Yes I realize 4G is with Public Mobile.  Please bring back my plan.  Please step ahead of the industry and be the leader again.  Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@clhargreaves 

PM plans always change but the Lucky has a better referral program $50 ($5 x 10 months).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@clhargreaves yes, those plans with  free US calling minutes were gone

For now, best workaround is to use VoIP app, like TextNow.  Free to call US.  It's not hard to setup or learn to use.  Try it

@dust2dust   Lol...true enough, but I'd think the original features will stay with grandfathered plans, but the price apparently is not grandfathered and could be increased with 30 days notice.

@dabr- Don't bank on grandfathering. The new plans COULD be the required notice of the company and that those plans will get forced over to them. We don't know yet. We'll see technically in 30 days. That's the required "notice" period.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@clhargreaves    The unlimited US calling feature seems to have been removed from all the plans 3G/4G which was always available with plans $50+.   It could be an oversight in the details, but I think PM has most likely eliminated that feature and is no longer including US calling in these plans. 

They haven't made any announcement to that effect either that I'm aware of.  Of course, I might have missed the mention of this, but perhaps @J_PM  can clarify whether this omission is accurate or an oversight?

Since you are on the previous version of the $50 plan with US calling included, then you're grandfathered in and will have it as long as you don't change plans for the future.

Need Help? Let's chat.