cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tony26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still can't this dumass public mobile to work on my phone.. I bet I can't even get a refund do to no call centre's.. I tryed everything.. 

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Dozer1977 wrote:

I need the PUK number too unlock my girlfriend's sim for her. Please help asap

Hi and welcome,

For better responses I suggest you start a new thread.

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

@krazykiwi in this case, you should probably just tell @Dozer1977 that they should send a private message to the moderator team.  Having them post a new topic will just slow down resolution because someone will have to respond there saying "you need to send a private message to the moderator team".  

@Dozer1977 please see here for directions:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Dozer1977 wrote:

Hi and welcome,

For better responses I suggest you start a new thread.

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

Dozer1977
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@stonechucker wrote:

@krazykiwi, really?  When I unlocked a Rogers Motorola, it required a non Rogers sim to be used when unlocking.

LOL, funny enough when I unlocked the LG it wasn't a problem. 

After you said it was required I searched and that is what I found for Bell, didn't look at Rogers, maybe it depends on the Phone Manufacturers and the Carrier.

EDIT: Apparently the "different SIM" is just to make the request to unlock page to pop up and some phones have a a code to put into the phone app to make this happen so you don't need a different SIM. I will point out all other phones on the Bell network do require a different carrier SIM!

@krazykiwi, really?  When I unlocked a Rogers Motorola, it required a non Rogers sim to be used when unlocking.

@stonechucker wrote:

Well, you do need 'a different carrier's SIM' to perform the unlock option.  Should have bought the SIM first, then unlocked it, then go through activation.

I guess in depends on the phone manufacturer. LG, Sonim, Apple and Doro on the Bell network can be done without 'a different carriers SIM'. Also you can use a friends SIM from another carrier but either way I agree, unlock phone first and make sure it is unlocked, then proceed with PM SIM activation and account setup.

Well, you do need 'a different carrier's SIM' to perform the unlock option.  Should have bought the SIM first, then unlocked it, then go through activation.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Tony26 wrote:

Still can't this dumass public mobile to work on my phone.. I bet I can't even get a refund do to no call centre's.. I tryed everything.. 

Yes, you should have unlocked the phone prior to changing to a PM sim.

@mimmo wrote:

Not sure why it's a public mobile issue.  It's a hardware issue and you have a phone locked to Rogers.

Have you tried your sim in a phone that is unlocked or locked to Telus or Koodo?

No kidding!  Unlocking the phone is in the getting started checklist. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started/ta-p/162

mimmo

Not sure why it's a public mobile issue.  It's a hardware issue and you have a phone locked to Rogers.

Have you tried your sim in a phone that is unlocked or locked to Telus or Koodo?

@Tony26

Try another unlock code from Rogers, but if it does not work.....

as @cappaj mentioned in your previous thread, if you tried to put in the SIM code more than 5 times, your Sony phone may be locked from any SIM unlock code.  You will need to contact Sony representative to get their unlock code.  

Tony26

The issue am having is I can't get nothing to work right.. I got unlock code type in for the frist time n declined . Try it again same . Call rogers now waiting for new unlock code Saud wait 24hr.. My screen says sim locked by operator.. It's a Sony Xperia.. Model f8131

Tony26

I did chill..  I used the new sim n unlocked code  nothing happened I spend over 130 bucks on my visa to public mobile n I can't even talk to someone that knows wtf am talking about.. This is lame as gay **bleep**.. Take ur money and run. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tony26, the one thing you got right so far is no refunds per terms of service.  Seriously, you need to chill a bit, tell the community what is wrong in detail and what you have tried that has not worked.  The community is quite resourceful and can help with all non account related issues.  If needed, we will direct you to the moderator team to handle account related matters. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Tony26, clean up the trash talk, maybe someone will assist you.

Also, would help if you could describe what's happening, so we have a chance to help you out.

popping

@Tony26

What is the issue with your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.