cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump sum payment

Charmaine1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a pre-authorized payment plan. I want to make a lump sum payment in case the entire financial system goes down. How can I do this?

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Charmaine1234 

If we have a financial system goes down in Canada, you have a bigger problem than paying your mobile bill.

PM is a prepaid service provider.  There is no refund of the extra fund in your PM account when you decide to leave PM.  With a huge amount of fund in your account to pay for a few years of PM service, you have a pseudo long term contract with PM. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Charmaine1234 

If the 'entire financial system goes down', Public Mobile's services will be the least of your concerns.

Bear in mind, if you load up on available funds by prepaying large sums of money onto the account, and decide you wanna leave, that money is gone, kaput.   

There's no refunds on available funds already loaded on the account.

Maybe instead, purchase some payment vouchers and keep them in a safe place until the financial system crashes.   At least that way, if you still decide to leave, you will still have the vouchers which you will then likely be able to sell at very profitable margins to others who didn't plan as well as you did.

Here's where you can purchase them:

HALIMACS_0-1678838796588.png

@Charmaine1234 wrote:

I have a pre-authorized payment plan. I want to make a lump sum payment in case the entire financial system goes down. How can I do this?

While you used to instructions provided to top up any amount you wish, i do not recommend applying such a lump sum payment. There will be no refunds in any case if you change  your mind about wanting to use those funds to pay for Public Mobile service. There's also no discount given for applying a larger payment.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Charmaine1234 

load as much $$ in to Available Funds as you want...but remember...difficult to get refunds if you wish to leave PM for greener pastures. I wouldn't load more than 60 days worth...just in case you choose to bail out.

ed..spelling

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Charmaine1234 - is the financial system going down!?

To make a payment in small or large amounts to your account log into My Account here https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&client_id=cc26d3b9-3370-4...

OR call 611 if you have a card registered on the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.