cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 LTE not working - coming from Wind

forevergone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, similar to this thread here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-Not-working-Galaxy-S6-edge-from-Wind/t...

I have a LG G5 with LTE bands locked out. The phone is unlocked but I'm stuck on 4G. Does anyone know how to activate the LTE bands for this phone?

8 REPLIES 8

SRS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to enter in the apn information on my daughters LG G5 from wind to get it to connect properly, after that all was fine.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@forevergone

Just to make sure the phone is fully functional, could you make a voice call to see if that works, then reboot the phone to see if the LTE setting sticks?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Ok thanks 🙂

forevergone

@Rockdaddy22 - No 4G and LTE isn't the same.

@hummuschips - I was getting 12 down/2 up now I'm getting 31 down/12 up

@jordanharris01 - Thanks for the tips. That code didn't work. I posted the solution above. 

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also, try typing this into the dialer: 277634#*# then navigate through:

Field test, Model Settings, Network Mode/LTE Band Selection and see what it says.

Do you mean the band itself is locked and restricted from use?

forevergone

Nvm I figured it out. For those who are having the same problem:

Enter this code: *#546368#*XXX# in your dialer where XXX is the phone model number. (I.e. if you have an H831, replace XXX with 831)

Go to Field Test > Modem Settings > LTE Band Selection > and Choose a band. I am using Band 2 and it works with 4/5 bars of LTE instead of 4G. I get 35mbps down/21mbps UP.

Hope this helps!

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can you do a speed test to see what speeds you are getting?  Use the speedtest.net app

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Isn't 4G LTE?
Need Help? Let's chat.