cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue transferring number from Public Mobile to new Public Mobile SIM Card

Ella132
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently a Public Mobile subscriber. I saw the offer for a different plan, so I went ahead to purchase that.  It would not let me use my current Public Mobile SIM card, and made me get a new SIM card.  I did, and finally received it.  Now that I'm trying to activate the new SIM card, it's not letting me use my current phone number.  It says it's an invalid number.

How can I activate my new SIM card with my current Public Mobile number?  Or, how can I have the new plan on my current SIM card?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ella132 

Was the new plan only available for new customers/activations?   Is that why you activated a new SIM card/plan?  

If so, as mentioned, customers are not allowed to transfer from on PM account to another PM account.  

If you really want your original PM phone number, you will likely need to port out to another mobile company.  Then port back into your newer PM plan/account.  That extra step will cost some money since you will need to purchase a SIM card (or eSIM) and pay for 1st month.  Some customers have used Lucky mobile in the past.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Ella132   You can't transfer an existing Public Mobile phone number to another Public Mobile account.  It sounds  like you set up a new plan instead of selecting a change of plan on your existing account?   To get the new plan on your old account you just need to log into your account, and go to "change subscription".  If you paid for the second account then contact customer service to see if they will cancel it (chat/Message icon bottom right of this page to submit a ticket)

Need Help? Let's chat.