cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve LTE reception

DjRags604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switched from Rogers to PM 2 months ago and the service has been good.  HOwever, when I am at home I have very low reception when on LTE (typically 1 out of 5 bars) and constantly lose reception during calls.  Never happened with Rogers, even when in the basement.  The Rogers tower is about 100 m closer than the Telus tower so I think that could account for some of the signal difference.  Just wondering if there was anything I could do on my end to improve reception or do I simply have to wait for a a new tower or upgrades from Telus?  Thanks for any help

10 REPLIES 10

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've noticed that the signal jumps frequently from LTE to 3G.

My battery seems to drain faster after I switched to Public Mobile, but that could be cause my iPhone 6's battery is getting old.

maaji

bryanbreguet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's totally possible that the signal is weaker, especially for LTE.

Voice only goes over 3G and the network is strong everywhere, so there might be another issue.

What is your phone? It's also possible your phone is missing a key LTE band of PM.

Edit: just saw you said it's an Iphone 6, so you aren't missing bands. So probablya  weak signal where you live. I'd be more concerned with the phone calls issues.

@DjRags604 wrote:

The call does not drop, they simply cannot hear me on their end and I have to move around the house to get the signal again. 

Looked into the booster but dropping $300 is not viable right now.  Will keep as a possible solution

It is an iPhone 6 if that helps.

The other option is to try a different phone. Apple phones aren't known for having great signal reception - they never have been.  Some phones are better than others, and even the slightest difference in signal strength quality can be just enough so that the problem can become a non-issue.

@mimmo wrote:

For some reason i thought voice calls on 3g not LTE.

You're right.  Voice is carried over only 3g.   But it's possible that the 3g signal is also week in that area.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Try to switch the network mode to gsm/wcdma only instead of LTE. That will improve your signal strength because LTE band suffer building penetration. See if that can solve the problem.
Thanks.

DjRags604

The call does not drop, they simply cannot hear me on their end and I have to move around the house to get the signal again. 

Looked into the booster but dropping $300 is not viable right now.  Will keep as a possible solution

It is an iPhone 6 if that helps.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

For some reason i thought voice calls on 3g not LTE.

WHat phone are you using? does it have all the bands?

skidoomaster

Hey,

Installing a cell booster in your house would definitely improve the signal. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
What do you mean when you say you lose reception during calls? Do the calls disconnect?
Need Help? Let's chat.