cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't send out a text message but can receive text and make/receive phone calls.

JingXu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I can't send out a text message but can receive text and make/receive phone calls. I thought it was my old android phone problem, and bought a new android phone. It still doesn't work!

Please help.

Thanks,

JingXu

16 REPLIES 16

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

You likely have exceeded your plan limit for texts.

I think that too. 50 isn't much and a long text counts as more than one message.

@hairbag1 wrote:

There's a known glitch that PM is working to correct...but so far it's still a problem for some users when the Roaming add-on expires.

U.S. roaming glitch only breaks incoming texts.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You likely have exceeded your plan limit for texts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JingXu wrote:

Still no answer to the problem - not able to send out text message, but can receive text. I am kind of giving up now. Not worth my time anyway. Very disappointed about PM service, it is very bad in my opinion. Since I am on a $10/mo plan, I can live with what I have now. It is my last post here. Thank you all for the helps! Wish you a great holiday!

If you're still interested in fixing it...maybe check the SMSC #. It's like a phone number that texting uses to relay messages. It should be +16475800172 . You can view it somewhere deep in the texting app settings. There's a dial code to get into a tech screen to set it. I don't have that handy. But at least you can look at what it is now.

JingXu

Still no answer to the problem - not able to send out text message, but can receive text. I am kind of giving up now. Not worth my time anyway. Very disappointed about PM service, it is very bad in my opinion. Since I am on a $10/mo plan, I can live with what I have now. It is my last post here. Thank you all for the helps! Wish you a great holiday!

What phone, OS version and app are you using for texting?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Since it's two phones, it sounds like @CS_Agent will have to come to the rescue. Unless, the NEW phone was Used?

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Spoiler
submit_ticket.PNG

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Hi @JingXu 

You are correct you have 50 messages

If you are sending mms data must be on and your apn settings m must be correct, even if you don't have data, the provider is using data

Which phone do you use?

Try to change your settings so that you force your phone to send text only messages. Try sending a text

If that doesn't work, contact moderators

If that works, change your settings back and try enabling data. Try sending mms

If that doesn't work, look up the apn setting for public mobile for your phone. (If you can't set it you can ask moderators for help by providing your phone IMEI)

If that works, you're all set

@JingXu wrote:

I am on a $10/month plan. So I should be able to send out 50 messages, right?

Log into My Account / Data and Add-ons to see how many text messages you can send out. If there's nothing there that meaans you've used up you 50 until your next renewal.

JingXu

The data is off now, but I am connected with my home wifi.

JingXu

Never used US roaming service.

JingXu

I am on a $10/month plan. So I should be able to send out 50 messages, right?

JingXu

I have this problems for months, but didn't spent the time to solve it. As I thought it was my old cell phone that caused such problem. But now I got a new Android phone, it still doesn't work. That is why I am here to find the help. I just use the standard message app comes with the new phone. Do I need to install a new text app?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JingXu wrote:

Hi everyone,

I can't send out a text message but can receive text and make/receive phone calls. I thought it was my old android phone problem, and bought a new android phone. It still doesn't work!

Please help.

Thanks,

JingXu

Did you have the 10 Day US Roaming add-on that has just expired ? If so, your texting function will work fine tomorrow. Cycle phone off / on occasionally throught the day.

There's a known glitch that PM is working to correct...but so far it's still a problem for some users when the Roaming add-on expires.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I'm assuming you are not on the 10 plan which includes 50 outgoing messages.

Also are those mma messages you are trying to send, is your data enabled?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

How long had this been going on, when did the problem start, did it ever work?

Which app are you using for messaging?

Can you install couple of other apps temporarily to test.

Need Help? Let's chat.